Lead You Astray

"Why did you have to tell her about the triplets thing?" Alex sighed avoiding the log that stood in front of her. 

With morning arriving they'd decided to take a walk along the path that lead further into the wood behind their cabin, the faint sunshine peeking through the gaps in the leaves that hung from the branches above them. 

"She was annoying me." (Y/n) shrugged. "Plus she would have found it eventually."

A silence stretched amongst them again as they progressed holding hands as they made their way through the ancient forest. 

"When I was little my Dad used to take us camping." (Y/n) smiled. "We used to go to this one place that was right next to the most beautiful lake I'd ever seen, I used to sit on the banks and read the Arthurian legends, my eyes would drift to the water deserted and abandoned to my eye, the tiny waves settling and ripping, I was convinced that Nimue would rise up from the center and cast up the sword of Excalibur."

Alex chuckled. "Did she ever do it?"

(Y/n) cast her a sarcastic glance her eyebrow rising high in the air. "Yes, Alex that is why I am the ruler of Camelot, I carry Excalibur wherever I go have you never seen it?"

Alex laughed drawing nearer to the woman, it felt so different being with her in a setting like this, free to be with each other with no fear of interruptions, the blissful sweet pure air flowing around them carrying the perfume from the soft colorful flowers carried by invisible Seraphim while the gentle lull of the wildlife around them and the wind in the trees became their soundtrack. 

"How did you and Lena become such good friends?" Alex asked breaking the new silence. 

(Y/n) smiled. "Oh, we weren't friends, to begin with."

"What."

"Yeah, we hated each other with a passion."

"No way, I don't believe it how can you two hate each other?"

"I was the class rebel, you know that girl who sits in the black in black with the eyebrow piercing she had to remove because it is against school rules, the one who mocks the teachers and never does their homework?"

Alex laughed. "Yes."

"That was me, Lena was the know it all, a science genius who knew everything so obviously I instantly hated her. 

"So what changed things?"

"Lena was no angel, don't get me wrong I found that out soon enough but there were these bullies from the year above us, I saw them one day pushing her around like she was some kind of rag doll, it pissed me off so I dived right on in, I claimed her as my best friend at that very moment and that was it we were inseparable."

"You were her hero then."

"No." (Y/n) said firmly. "She was mine in every way that I can name, and when my Mom left she was my rock the only person I would talk to really she made my angry lonely existence bearable, I hear people talking about her sometimes, people who don't even know her and they judge her because of who her family are, it always has made me so angry."

"What were you like after you met Lena were you still a rebel?" Alex asked smiling at the thought. 

(Y/n) smirked wickedly. "Oh, I was much worse after Lena we were bad influences on each other, a few times Lillian wanted to break us apart, but she had no idea who she was messing with."

Alex threw her head back and laughed loudly, it seemed to echo all around them. 

"I was suspended once because at a party this guy wouldn't take no for an answer so I punched him out cold."