Dangerous Store Visits

(Y/n) had in a rather unexpected turn of events found herself walking down the frozen food aisle of the grocery store, pushing the trolley as Cat who waddled next to her resembling a duck from behind, (Y/n) knew she'd been stood behind her just to watch the amusing scene.

She'd almost bumped into the mountain display of canned tuna she had been l laughing so very much.

After Dr. Dick had left and she and Bear had returned from the park, sadly Alex had been unable to come with them even for a few moments, there had been an attack across town at the dockyard, a whole ship had been lifted into the air and launched at a flying Supergirl, who had caught it like it was a stray baseball at Fenway Park.

(Y/n) knew Alex had the best of intentions but she felt like Superwoman should be helping too, whatever was causing these attacks she should be helping.

"Stop sulking because your girlfriend is working and help me think what your father would like for dinner this evening, although my ankles are killing me and my back feels as though I've broken it in fifteen places." Cat complained nonchalantly holding her hand to the bottom of her back leaning backward in that awkward strange pose pregnant women did.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, ever since that night Cat had taken it upon herself to go out of her way to do things with her, even if it was to bring wedding magazines around so they could read them together, all the while she could see the concern in her eyes. "She's actually my fiance, she would totally throw you in the freezer for that girlfriend remark." 

Cat Grant being nice to her was something she was still getting used to, but if she had to admit it to herself, she didn't dislike it.

"You forget dear I have my own skills to get out." The older woman flashed her a devilish smile. 

"Probably you should go with the biggest bloodiest steak you can find." (Y/n) chuckled.

Cat turned around to face her, wobbling on her feet as she did, trying to steady herself she reached her hand out and (Y/n) caught it. "Are you okay?"

" Yes, I don't know what happened it felt like something tripped me up there. "

(Y/n) smiled. "Or you have clumsy feet." Pulling out her cell phone to check for the tenth time in five minutes if Alex had texted her, she frowned seeing her battery so low, ten perfect. "Strange I charged that up fully before we left."

A sudden chill cut through the air, a freezing ice cold that now seemed familiar, (Y/n) felt it slice through to her bones and embrace her in an ominous despair.

"It's probably your battery you need a new one."

"this has never happened before, and it's only a few weeks old." (Y/n) puzzled. 

An eerie cry carried through the air like a lost echo from a distance and yet it was so near, (Y/n) turned towards her stepmother, she knew this by now, it was the start of whatever the hell was going to manifest here, and it was not going to be friendly and purchase the buy one get one free box of Chicken wings.

She grabbed Cat's arm and tried to be gentle. "Come on you need to hide somewhere safe."

" What! hey, you are hurting me. " Cat complained.

A creepy laugh filled the air that made them both stop dead in their tracks, then a scream, as the lights dimmed and the cold grew more intense, trails of misty ghost flowed from their mouths as they breathed or spoke.

"Crap, I have to go, hide somewhere." ( Y/n) said urgently.

Cat held on to her. "But Alex said.."