Bedtime Discussions

"Did you hear her?" Alex groaned as she turned down the bed covers and looking up as (Y/n) closed the door.

"What?" (Y/n) shrugged innocently.

"My mother, did you hear all the slip-ups during dinner?" Alex explained why hadn't she been listening to her? This was a serious issue.

Suddenly (Y/n) was back on track, "Oh, so you did pick up on her little faux pas."

" Little faux pas are you kidding me, she dropped so many freaking bombs I was afraid she'd spend the whole night doing an impression of a U.S led intervention. " Alex said angrily.

(Y/n) pursed her lips, there was something infinitely adorable and sweet about angry Alex, she had to try to hide the urge to smile which would get her in a whole heap of trouble. "I did say about this didn't I?"

"You." Alex pointed at her accusing.

" What? "

"You, you put this idea into her head."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I really did the fact I was a bit busy in the Phantom Zone trying to stay alive really didn't stop me trying to set my girlfriend's mother up on a date with some random guy."

" Fiance's mother. " Alex corrected her firmly. "And you've been talking since you came back messaging each other, you've told me about my mother being alone, this has to be you."

(Y/n) shook her head playing through the list of replies in her head, discounting them all as definitely the wrong thing to say. Instead, the chef made her way to her side of the bed and slipped inside pumping her pillow up to lean back against it, all the while feeling Alex's accusing glare on her.

"Your silence is damming."

" Get into bed, you crazy woman. "

Alex huffed. "I am not crazy why did you do this?"

Turning to face the angry woman. "Firstly I'm silent because I have nothing to say, I am innocent here Alex, I have not tried to set Eliza up with anyone maybe you've missed the fact that I don't know anyone here, and secondly I'm hurt you would think I would do that and go behind your back when I know how much it would affect you."

Alex felt herself soften, she felt bad for having ever thought that (Y/n) could have something to do with the whole messy situation.

"I'm sorry." She whispered softly.

(Y/n) smiled lifting her hand across to her to take, and pulled her into the bed landing in a messy heap almost on top of her. "It's okay, I know you're upset that is natural, but I guess your mother met someone she liked."

Alex frowned, moving away from the mean woman pulling the covers over her legs and pulling out her cell phone, she had way too many messages from Kara she needed to answer.

(Y/n) turned to watch her amused by her perfect pout, her bottom lip sticking out, she was really milking it. "Are you still talking to me?"

" No. "

"That's good I thought I'd gone deaf." (Y/n) laughed.

Alex rolled her eyes at her stupid joke.

"Come on talk to me, tell me what is troubling you?" (Y/n) encouraged. "Why is the idea of your Mom dating such a bad thing?"

Alex lifted her head from the screen looking at (Y/n) as though she had just asked the most ridiculous question in the world. "It's my Mom (Y/n)."

" I know but she's on her own it's not the worst thing that could happen. "