Gaelic Justice Pt One

Alex shifted nervously in her seat she hadn't come face to face with (Y/n)'s father since that night before she was kidnapped by Kharys and Aethyr, she hadn't been looking forward to the prospect and now she was here her eyes nervously shifting around her, she wanted to run.

A hand landed on top of hers, a warming smile met her as she looked up. Oh (Y/n), you are worth it all.

"Stop worrying so much." ( Y/n) smiled.

"I can't help it, your father is a big deal (Y/n.)."

(Y/n) leaned closer to her, pulling her hands together and holding them in her hands, placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles. "Just be yourself impressing him isn't going to achieve anything you already have me, there is nothing left to win."

" I want him to like me again. " Alex said sadly.

"Give him time everything will be okay, I can't vouch for this whole night though, Cat probably has a family of crazy ghosts following her around."

Alex chuckled. "I still can't believe that it's so crazy."

" I can imagine Cat having an Aunt like Fritzie, say I wonder if we can get that Constantine guy to do that exorcism thing on Cat, maybe that is her problem she was possessed by a really grouchy ghost. "

"I'm not letting that guy anywhere near you again." Alex protested.

" Aww my protector, I think you'll need to protect Winn too. "

"Charming way to talk about your stepmother." An unimpressed far too familiar voice said behind them, ( Y/n) shivered.

"See she's always there waiting."

Cat, (Y/n)'s father, Carter and another man the chef assumed was Adam made their way to the other side of the table and took their seats.

"Our first full family dinner." Cat smiled looking around at them all a waterly gleam in her eye that made (Y/n) want to run for the exit. Was she going to cry again?

"Nearly family." ( F/n) sighed impatiently his eyes fixed on Alex.

"You promised Dad."

The older man pursed his lips and tried to smile but he failed what he hoped looked like a friendly soft uplifting of his lips was actually empty and mocking.

" This isn't working. " Alex whispered.

(Y/n) ignored her father and clenched her hand tighter. "You need to get used to Alex Dad, I'm in love with her and she's not going anywhere anytime soon."

" What the hell does that mean? " He asked as Adam and Carter busied themselves with the menu, burying their heads deeper into the small books.

"It means that she is the one for me Dad and when the time comes I'm going to marry her."

Alex tried her level best not to look like a smug idiot but she was failing hard, she was just so happy (Y/n) had never been that direct with anyone before and especially to her father, who at that moment looked like the massive pulsating vain in his forehead was about to explode.

"(Y/n) you really need to think about this marriage is a big commitment."

" A bit like you hmm Dad? " (Y/n) shot back sarcastically. "You thought long and hard when you married Cat you never even told your only child."

" I thought we were having a quiet family dinner. " Cat looked around them to see if anyone was watching them.

"We were than my Dad decided to be a dick to Alex."