Valentines Day Part One.

"So what has brought you here?" Lena lounged on her sofa trying to act unaffected and cool, when ( y/n) had returned home and told her to expect Alex she didn't know what to think.

Now a few hours later here she stood awkwardly before her.

"I know I acted like an idiot, it's when I thought I would lose (y/n) I went a little crazy."

" Crazy is right Alex, (y/n) is my friend and she loves you, she talks about you all the time. "

"Really?" A soft gentle rouge rose to Alex's cheeks.

" Oh yeah all of the time, it's getting quite sickening really. "

"What kind of stuff does she say about me?" Suddenly having to apologize was not the worst thing that she could have been forced to do.

Lena pursed her lips in thought. "Well there is the very common, How hot does Alex look today? then she goes mad because I looked." Lena smiled. "Another very common one is my girlfriend is the best kisser in the world, seriously it's like being friends with a twelve-year-old."

Suddenly the door to the hallway opened and in shot (y/n) her face a vibrant red, she had been listening by the door and hadn't anticipated her best friend to start giving away all her secrets.

"Come on Alex, Lena has foot in mouth disease tonight."

" I'm perfectly fine. " Lena shrugged sending her friend a smug self-satisfied look.

"Good, what I mean Alex is that she will have her foot in mouth if she doesn't shut up!"

With that, she eagerly pulled Alex through the door and out of the apartment.

"Where are we going?" Alex laughed as she was pulled along by an over-eager (y/n).

"Anywhere."

Giggling like over-excited children they ran down the hall to the elevator.

                                                                                   xxx

"So where are you taking (y/n) for Valentine's Day?" Kara asked as she studied the screen trying to make out what Alex was seeing.

" I have my plan. " Here sister replied cryptically.

"You're not going to kill Lena are you and run off with (y/n) like some kind of Lesbian King Kong."

" Kara shut up, that is all sorted out now. "

"So you know you were being an idiot."

Alex dramatically rolled her eyes and cursed that she had thought to confide her worries to Kara had ever been a good idea. "Yes, now can we forget it?"

" Sure, tell me what you have planned first. "

"Oh My God Kara you are so annoying sometimes." Throwing her an annoyed frustrated look, Kara just looked at her an innocent smile on her face, though she knew what she was doing.

"Fine, I'm going to show her the stars."

" Is that all, you are going stargazing? " This didn't sound like something that would impress (y/n) from everything Lena had told her.

"What do you mean?" Alex began to worry. apprehension clasping at her throat, she had been so sure that she was being romantic.

"Lena said she likes big stuff, her ex had Palatine Hill lit up for her on one Valentine's Day."

" You mean the guy who cheated on her, don't worry I'll stick to my original plan. "

"Put your full geek on display Alex.'

Alex glared at her, it was clear she was not impressed.

"Whatever maybe (y/n) likes geeks."

With that she was gone leaving Alex to watch her hasty exit, suddenly something hit her. Kara will be on her own, how can I leave her on her own?

                                                                                                  xxx

"What do you mean you're not doing anything tonight." Lena stared wide-eyed at her friend, who sat eating a bowl of sugary unhealthy cereal. I wish she would give those things up.

After swallowing a mouthful (y/n) shrugged. "Yeah, Alex said she couldn't leave Kara on her own."

" So you are on your own instead? "

"I guess, it's no big deal, you know I hate Valentine's Day anyway."

" How can I go out with James knowing you are on your own. " Lena was shocked, she never expected Alex to do this.

"Don't worry Lena I'll just go to the gym or something."

" The gym on Valentine's who the hell does that? " Her eyes wide with disbelief.

"Chefs who have girlfriends with other plans." ( y/n) shrugged.

"Oh (y/n) I'll cancel my date with James." Reaching for the phone on the counter ( y/n) snatched it first and hid it behind her back.

"Don't you dare, you are going and that is it."

" But... "

"But nothing don't worry Lena, I haven't been dumped or left widowed, my girlfriend is sweet enough that she doesn't want to leave her sister alone on a day like today while she is going through something."

" But you're alone now. "

"Or will I be having a night of peace, curled up on the sofa eating all I can handle watching a movie marathon."

" Sounds like the night of a dried up old spinster to me. " Lena said a little repulsed at the idea.

"Nice Lena, really nice gym it is then."

" There is no helping you. "

"Well same for you being part of my least favorite ship ever."

" Not this again. " Lena groaned.

"Admit it James is just second best because you can't have who you really want."

Lena stood with her hands braced on her hips, eyebrow raised so high it nearly touched the ceiling. "And who is that exactly?"

"Simple, Kara." ( y/n) shrugged as though the answer was obvious to everyone.

"What are you crazy she is my friend, you've been spending too much time with Alex."

" Oh no way Lena, I've seen you the eye contact the hair touching, the lip thing you do, once I swear I thought you were going to launch across your desk and eat her up. " (y/n) had stood outside her friend's office and just watched unsure whether she was seeing something or if her imagination was in overdrive.

"You are insane, I do not have a lip thing."

" Yeah, you do for Kara anyway. "

"I can't argue with you all day I need to go to work." Knowing she was just fighting a losing battle Lena retreated and left for work, leaving ( y/n) chuckling so hard she fell off the stool she was sat on landing on her ass on the cold kitchen floor.

"Well, that was fast acting karma."