The Shift Into The Zone

Four Months Later.

"Is this it?" Alex asked, exhausted from months of trying and trying to get to the Phantom Zone and relieved because if it was then she was as close as she could be to getting (Y/n) back.

Kara cast her head around to take in the dull gloomy place, the stale smell clung to the air like a stain on white fabric. "Yes, this is the Phantom Zone."

Lena shrugged. "So let's get going, the sooner we start our search the sooner we can find (Y/n) and the sooner we can get out of this place, it's giving me the creeps."

It had been a very long four months, Kara's original prediction had been premature, Kharys and Aethyr had been ahead of them every step of the way, so with the projector to the Phantom Zone missing when they arrived at the Fortress of Solitude they were forced to search for a Kryptonian crystal that would get them into it.

That had been the difficult bit.

Four months earlier.

"How can that happen?" Alex shouted her face red with pure rage, she'd hated the hope that she had in her heart had been dashed.

Kara sighed. "When I got there the projector Kal-el said was there was gone."

" How is that possible? " Lena asked concerned as she rose from the couch.

"My cousin told me something else, in the Phantom Zone is a portal, only accessible to members of the house of El, Jor-el created the shortcut in case anyone in his family ever was stuck there."

"What if his family were the ones supposed to be sent there?" Alex asked astounded, how could one guy seem so clueless?

Kara slumped down onto the sofa, pulling her fingers through her hair as they shook slightly. "Given who did this, and knowing about that portal it had to have been Kharys."

Alex ground her teeth, that woman she knew they would have to meet, she was getting impatient, how could such a vile cruel corrupt woman have a daughter like (Y/n)? "So Aethyr does her little projection trick, gets the neighbor to believe that she's his dead wife, somehow connects the bracelet with the projector and tricks (Y/n), While Kharys escaped through the portal and stole the projector from the fortress of solitude."

" And she could communicate with Aethyr because of the device Kal-el build that lets him contact those inside the zone. "

"They must have been planning for months," Lena said her face gone pale as she sat down next to Kara, taking her hand in her own she needed to hold onto someone or she feared she would scream.

Rage filled Alex as she thought of it, every time they'd spent a happy moment together the two Kryptonian witches had been busy plotting around their cauldron, while they'd been blissfully unaware they were in danger. "So is that it? our last chance there must be another way in there Kara because I'm not going to sit around here hoping her hate-filled mother has a change of heart and tells her about this portal."

" Alex calm down. "

The agent slammed both hands down onto the counter with a violent thud, sending it to break into two parts as though it had been the victim of an earthquake. "I won't I promised her I would always be there for her and now when she's all alone on floating prison she's all on her own I'm not there!"

"Alex."

" No, don't Alex me you don't understand, why does this keep happening, we get somewhere we grow, we are happy then something like this happens and she's taken away from me, why? And this all started when her mother came back, all the badness, all the cruel fate began with her. "