Shadows

The stars hung so low in the darkened sky that they tickled the trees below them with a bright fondness eager to share their mystical release.

A lone shadowy figure stood within the forest waiting, in truth she had been waiting for hours, but she would wait days if she had to, time was nothing when she could see her again.

It had been far too long, when she had been sent away she had thought she would die, so consumed in her own heartache she'd lost all care for living, except a small bright light inside her that shone with hope, hope that she would see her again and hope that she would return.

Finally, now she had.

She just had to wait a little longer, what did minutes or hours matter when she had waited over a decade.

Languished on an earthly hell unable to even enjoy the love of her own kin, she'd tried and she had failed but now she was back and the plans they once talked of could come true, they could succeed on her uncle's plans, he had perished but where her cousin had failed she would not, she and her sister would take over his wishes.

A crunch of twigs and leaves sounded behind her, she spun her head around.

A figure emerged from the darkness, her face half illuminated by the stars and the moon that escaped through the thick trees.

"Aethyr." She whispered.

"Sister, I hope you have not been waiting for too long."

Kharys smiled her heart lifted by the sound of her sister's voice, at that moment she sounded like the sweetest angel, it had been far too long since she had heard her voice in anything but her mind.

"I've waited over a decade but it was worth every moment to see you again sweet sister."

" You got my message. " Aethyr walked nearer she looked exactly as she had done when she left, that was the magic of The Phantom Zone it worked wonders on giving youthful skin.

As beautiful as ever her green eyes dulled only by the dark and cheekbones lifted and defined.

"It is why I am here."

" And everything is okay? You will do it with me? "

"Yes."

" Our daughters they know of their heritage? they know of the powers they possess? "

"Yes, though it is only recently, my daughter has some foolish attachment to a human." Kharys spat out in distaste.

Aethyr laughed. "We will fix that Kharys, my dear."

" And Krypton will live again. " Kharys agreed.

"If only in spirit yes, we will succeed Kharys and with our daughters by our sides who will stop us?"

" There is a problem Aethyr. "

"What."

" Our daughters have been influenced by doo goody cousins of mine Kara and Kal-el, they want to be good. "

Aethyr spat in hate. "Kal-el he is a fool, he sent me to The Phantom Zone but he did not realize I would escape, Kharys sister we will find our daughters and we will move them to our side, after all, who would they chose against their Mothers?"

Kharys cringed. "You do not know (Y/n)."

" Nor do you sister, we can sway them and then nothing will stop us. "

"Come first you must rest you have come a long way."

Kharys reached to take her hand and pulled her nearer as an older sister she had always been protective of her, she looked into her hardened green eyes, running her finger down the soft cheek she feared she would never see again, a tear escaped her eye.