Good Intentions

(Y/n) fell back onto the couch flying around the city hadn't really helped very much, only now she felt like a complete fool.

A note caught her attention on the table in front of her she leaned forward and picked it up recognizing Lena's handwriting straight away.

(Y/n),

Bruce and I are staying the night at a hotel, so you can't perv over him in the morning.

"Total bitch what the hell I didn't perv over him, it was more like his butt was in my face and I couldn't avoid seeing it." She gasped shaking the note around in the air as she did so.

So now you have the apartment to yourself for x-rated activities with Alex, just don't tell me about them okay.

Love,

Lena.

(Y/n) sighed falling backward and leaning her head against the back of the sofa, sighing as she did so.

Yep, pretty sure I'm not gonna be doing that with her tonight.

She cursed her own stupidity, why couldn't she be normal and get over it, why couldn't she forget about Maggie and move on, she wanted to, but she was always there like a demon sitting in the shadows ready to burst forward and strike.

Her cell phone rang.

"Hi, Dad." She smiled though it never reached her eyes.

" (Y/n) tomorrow night Cat wants you to come to dinner. " He sounded so tired, so haunted (Y/n) wanted to say no, to deny the invitation and throw it in Cat Grant's face, but she couldn't do it, not when her father was working so hard and maybe he just wanted to be with his family.

(Y/n) sucked up her discomfort and instead. "Okay, Dad I'll be there."

" Good girl, I miss you. "

"I miss you too Dad."

" I gotta go baby girl, but you be careful okay, don't go out alone, don't open your apartment door unless you know who it is, don't...

His advice was useless when you held Kryptonian powers, (Y/n) felt thankful for that, although her father and the police department had issued warning after warning still the women of the city thought themselves invisible, it was scary when she knew her father believed there would be an eighth, it was just a matter of time.

"I know Daddy don't worry."

" I do worry sweety, I'm always going to worry about you, I worried when you were five and we lost you at the mall, I worried when you and Lena snuck out to that party at sixteen and baby girl I'm gonna worry until the day I take my last breath in this world. "

"Daddy you know I hate talking about that." Her childhood had been spent with worrying dreams of her mother's death, living a life without her, then when she had fled that was transferred to her father and had never left, it was that same fear that made her so fiercely protective of Lena.

"You just worry about behaving tomorrow, I'm too exhausted for drama okay." He pleaded.

" Okay. "

"Sleep well, sweety."

She put the cell phone down on the table cursing her own bad luck, dinner with Cat.

"Excellent just what I wanted. "

Knock, knock.

"If you've come to kidnap me I gotta warn you my cousin is a super badass and the other is a scientific genius, she'll give you a viral disease through Whatsapp." She laughed walking towards the door.