Sweet Revenge

"Kara why didn't you tell me this was the place?" Alex whispered from behind her glass of wine, her eyes darting to the door which leads to the kitchen for the hundredth time since they arrived.

"It was a surprise, I interviewed the head chef and she gave me the table," Kara spoke excitedly after swallowing her mouthful of food.

" If I knew you were going to be acting so weird I would have invited Lena instead. " Kara looked at her elder sister puzzled.

"The raid the other day was at this restaurant." Alex leaned forward and whispered quietly.

"The head chef really hates me." Alex's eyes darted to the door again, Kara nearly spat the wine she had been drinking across the table. "Hates you how?" she asked.

Alex leaned closer to her sister so no one else could hear her and whispered: "She called me a real bitch!" Kara's eyes went wide before bursting into laughter so loud it drew everyone's attention.

" Kara will you shut up she will see me. "

"Alex she is going to know you are here no matter what, this room is full of her staff as soon as they spotted you they high tailed it to the kitchen to tell her." Kara laughed.

" I really am not ordering what you are having. "

"Shut up this isn't funny." Alex shot at her sister who was enjoying herself far too much for her liking.

She surveyed the room looking for an exit strategy.

"It wouldn't have been so bad but she was kinda hot," Alex admitted her face turning slightly red in her omission.

"Hot huh? Yeah, I guess she is, (e/c) eyes that are quite unique." Kara recalled from her interview with the chef.

"She can speak Italian and French fluently. " Alex frowned at her sister. "Are you her publicist now?" Kara just shrugged.

"She isn't mad at me, I wrote her a great piece she really likes me. " Kara puffed out her chest with pride.

In slow motion Alex watched the door to the kitchen open, eyes wide with horror she watched the attractive chef enter the restaurant. Who knew chef whites could be so hot?

"She is out of the kitchen." Alex ducked behind her menu to shield herself from view when no reply came from Kara the flustered agent slowly peered over the menu her eyes meeting the pissed off chef and her sister who was desperately trying not to laugh.

"Well hello again Agent Danvers is this business or personal, I would like to warn my staff." ( y/n) cut as a greeting, her arms crossed over her chest.

"(y/n) this is my sister Alex, Alex this is (y/n) she is the most amazing chef." Kara interrupted

"Oh yeah hi, we have met."

" Oh yes I do recall, such a strange first meeting thrown against a wall and handcuffed, held in a cell next to a guy with a severe sweating problem. " (y/n) replied sarcasm dripping from every word, Kara laughed at her sister's red face.

"I find it hard to believe Ms. Danvers that you are her sister, I guess she took all the smugness and you got all the sweetness." ( y/n) smiled down at the reporter, Alex frowned. Is she flirting with Kara?

Envious and with no idea why Alex coughed to draw their attention. "My sister also took all the appetite so you should go and fulfill our order before she starts stalking the other tables for scraps."

The chef turned her full attention to the agent, a slim eyebrow raised. "Being dismissed back to the kitchen, why Agent Danvers you really are turning into Princess Charming."

Kara couldn't keep her laughter in any longer, she burst out loudly earning a glare from Alex and a pat on the shoulder from (y/n).

"I will return to my post I hope you enjoy your food, Ms. Danvers."

Ignoring Alex the chef turned and walked back to the kitchen.

"She ignored me." Alex sulked.

" Maybe because you were being really weird. " Kara shrugged picking up her wine glass.

"I was not, she was the one flirting with you."

Kara's eyes narrowed over the rim of her glass.

"You are jealous."

"So you're not denying the flirting," Alex demanded. " What did she do to earn this excellent write up from you? "

Kara fumbled with her glass as she tried to put it back on the table, her face red from her sister's words.

"Alex are you crazy?"

Alex blew out an exaggerated breath and prayed the night would go by quickly.

                                                                                           xxxx

Once all three courses had been consumed Alex was full but had been stunned by the food, Kara was still half empty and wished for more.

"I wish there was more." Kara pouted, as Alex rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to use the bathroom," Alex announced not waiting for a response from her sister to get up and go.

(y/n) escaped the kitchen for only the second time that night, her hair slightly array bits sticking out of her bun and bits falling about her face, yet she wore a bright smile when she saw Kara.

"I hope you enjoyed your meal, Ms. Danvers."

Kara smiled up at the chef, Lena had told her about the other woman before she had interviewed her, by chance it seemed (y/n) and Lena had attended school together and despite going in different directions in life had never lost touch.

"I did thank you, I'm sorry about my sister she is the stubborn type."

(y/n) laughed. "I know the type very well."

Kara had the idea during dinner but decided now would be perfect to act out her plan.

"Lena told me the opening night was a success despite my sister's interventions."

"Yes, my kitchen staff are the best, so while I got to be held prisoner at the hands of your delightful sister they were working their magic. " (y/n) gushed.

"Here she comes now." ( y/n) observed as she caught her figure walking back to the table.

"So Ms. Danvers I will say goodnight." she smiled at Kara, turning her attention to Alex she frowned. "And agent Danvers you can go and chew on a porcupine." Before swiftly walking away leaving the two sisters to watch open-mouthed.

"She really hates you, Alex." Kara gasped as though this was new information.

"Yes thank you, Kara, I know. "