Stars

"The stars shine in the day too, we just don't see them." (Y/n) said making her way out onto the balcony of the DEO, a few days had passed since they'd arrested Kharys and Aethyr, a few days since Alex had been found.

Alex turned to look at her, eyebrow high. "I was the one who told you that."

(Y/n) smiled cheekily. "I know, but I wanted to sound intelligent and profound "

"So you quoted me I am flattered."

The chef smiled moving further out, leaning against the balustrade, Alex had made huge strides in the days since she was brought to the DEO, ( Y/n) found herself unable to move her eyes from her afraid that she would disappear and she was just a dream, unexpectedly she leaned forward and kissed her cheek firmly.

Alex turned to look at her. "You do that a lot now."

" Kiss my girlfriend, am I not allowed? "

"No, I mean it is different, it's like I don't know you..." Alex shook her head she couldn't find the words to finish.

"I'm just so happy Alex, when I woke up from my kryptonite attack, and found out you were missing I felt myself start to die a little, I needed to find you."

" And you did. " Alex finished pulling her body close to hers. "And here we are again just you and me."

"I was definitely thinking about you and me hiring that cabin again and just locking us away for the next couple of decades." (Y/n) smiled happily surrendering into her warm arms, her head resting on her shoulder. "Forgetting about the key, maybe throwing it away."

" Oh yeah and how would you stop Kara arriving when she needs your potstickers? " Alex chuckled.

"We'll just hide pretend we aren't in."

" If you think Kara would give up so easily on her favorite food you don't know Kara. " Alex laughed.

"Yeah well, I'm pretty determined when I want something badly enough." She trailed her fingers up the front of Alex's shirt.

" Oh yeah. "

"I don't want to scare you Alex but I'm not ever letting you out of my sight again, you're stuck with me now for life."

Tears stung her eyes as she pulled (Y/n) closer, today was the first day she felt able to walk around unaided, she'd needed to get some fresh air try to get her head around everything that had happened, and come to terms with the fact (Y/n) was still with her.

In her darkest moments, she had come to believe she wasn't quite good enough for her, Kharys's fowl hateful words had drilled their way into her head.

(Y/n) had unknowingly obliterated the doubts that first night and had burned them to ashes ever since she hadn't left the DEO aside for having to do her Superwoman business and even then they had to convince her to leave.

"Have you had any more of the powers show itself?" ( Y/n) asked.

Alex shook her head. "No." She'd been unlike the other women while they displayed all the Kryptonian powers Alex had only seemed to possess the super strength, it was unclear yet whether she would fly but her DNA structure had changed.

(Y/n) nodded the thought of Alex with her forever was the only good thing to come out of this whole mess.

"They say I can go home," Alex whispered but the thought of going home alone scared her a lot, she didn't want to be alone. " I guess Kara can stay with me. "

"Oh."

" What. "

"Well, I thought you would want me to stay with you." ( Y/n) said cautiously.