Awkward Sessions

Was it possible to be bored to death?

That was the question that had been whirling around in (Y/n)'s mind for the last fifty minutes and fourteen seconds, for the last fifteen of those minutes there had been nothing but silence.

She felt Bear move his fluffy fur brushing against her leg, she wished she'd have gone with her initial idea of taking Bear and fleeing to the park, it would have been more fun than this, even if they were attacked by a hostile gang of squirrels looking for their nuts.

The psychiatrist sighed juggling his pen between his fingers rapidly, blowing out air from his mouth that made the hair of his mustache quiver and shift like a rigid curtain with stick thin legs.

He let out a cough to clear his throat and (Y/n) rolled her eyes, was this his job? just to sit in someone's house and drink their coffee, he was drinking all Alex's expensive coffee and doing absolutely nothing.

"So (Y/n.)" He spoke finally. "Tell me about your relationship with your partner."

" There is nothing wrong with my relationship with my partner that's not my issue, and I'm not sure why this is even a question. " (Y/n) replied annoyed, why was he asking her about this?

"Just indulge me." He shrugged.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "We're getting married."

He lifted his eyes up over his notepad his dark brown eyes amused. "And."

" And we're engaged. "

"You find it hard to talk about your relationship?" His deadpan toneless voice asked.

(Y/n) sighed annoyed he kept on insisting she talk about Alex when she had no issues with Alex, they were happy, they had issues but not with their relationship. "I have no problem talking about my fiance Doc I don't want to talk about her because she is perfect, she's not my problem."

" You are aware that the fact you say she is perfect is unhealthy? " He said his forehead turning into deep creases, so deep they could be used for growing corn.

"I'm not a child I know my fiance is not wholly perfect, I meant that we were perfect, are you even keeping up Doc? I have PTSD and it's not because of Alex."

"You think you are perfect together, hmm interesting ." He began to write on his notepad.

" What do you mean interesting? "

He continued writing.

"Hey, Doc what are you writing?" (Y/n) stretched her neck to see over but he was giving nothing away, and he was really starting to piss her off.

"What did you think when you broke up and she returned to her ex?" He asked flatly.

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes as she clenched her fists together. "How the hell do you know that?"

" I did research, so (Y/n) how did you feel? "

"I don't want to talk about that." ( Y/n) dismissed, this wasn't even relevant, was it normal for a psychologist to research their client?

"Maybe you should."

" I talked to Alex about it I'm good thanks. "

"Tell me, I think you still hold in a lot of aggression that is fuelling your emotions right now." Dr. Dick said flipping the page over to continue his notes he'd filled six full pages already despite very little being said, ( Y/n) was convinced he was writing out his Christmas list.

"It broke me apart okay." (Y/n) admitted begrudgingly.

He nodded. "Go on."

(E/c) eyes lifted to stare at the ceiling above her he was not going to quit until she told him. "I'd never loved anyone before, never been in love before, one day we were watching the sunset on the beach and the very next day it was over, I didn't have time to understand fully what was happening, then I had to watch Alex and her ex together."