News

The room rung with activity phones sounded and voices echoed from his office (f/n) could hear the hustle and bustle pounding into his head like a jackhammer.

How are they doing this?

It was the question that kept twirling around in his head how were they managing to abduct women in the middle of a busy city without being seen?

Without leaving any trace of them.

He clenched the pen he was holding in his hand and threw it back onto the desk before walking over to the window and looking out.

"You're out there you son of a bitch and when I find you I'm going to make you regret the day your mother ever gave birth to you!"

A knock at his door made him turn.

The woman stood awkwardly by the door.

"Don't worry Sawyer just having a conversation with our kidnapper."

" Do you..I mean is that normal? "

He smirked. "Probably not but at least I don't abduct people so I'll take it."

" Fair enough sir. "

"Did the CCTV bring in anything?"

" No, sir. "

"Goddammit its like they become ghosts." He raged with frustration hitting the file cabinet that stood next to him.

" How does he pick them, Sawyer? How does he go out and choose them? "

"I don't know sir there is no logic, the women have nothing in common."

"I keep going over their files there must be something, something that connects all seven women if ethnicity isn't his choice, religion, hair color, occupation what the hell is it?"

Maggie sighed and stepped further inside she may hate his daughter but it was hard not to like her father, even when she was with Alex and any other man would have made her life difficult and while it was true he didn't warm to her, he hadn't ruined her career, or sidelined her, she respected the man who left his personal life outside the station, and seeing how much he cared about this case made her respect him even more, and he accepted his daughter's life choices he was the perfect father.

(Y/n) had Alex and the perfect father why was that fair at all?

"You really think he will strike again?"

" I know it, you know this Sawyer they don't stop they get more careless strike more often it's like an addiction they want to recreate that feeling they have the first time. "

Maggie tensed. "Sounds like you are describing a serial killer, sir."

" I am Sawyer, those women we all know they aren't alive any longer, and last night I drove around the city do you know how many women I saw just walking by themselves dammit I was so angry they didn't listen to our warning. "

"They never do."

"Go down and ask the prostitutes what they've seen, they see everything just never speak about it. "

"Really sir he doesn't seem to target them."

" Do it anyway maybe there was someone acting strange or they saw something. "

"Yes, sir."

(f/n) slumped back into his chair leaning his head against the back and took a deep breath his conscience gnawing away inside him, worry for his daughter and wife and the other nameless women who were potential victims filling him.