Night At The Gala

National City's library had recovered since it's invasion by a medieval Banshee hell-bent on revenge.

The mayor of the city had wasted no time in giving the cause extra funding and the dedication to righting the damage that had been inflicted upon one of the city's oldest buildings.

Alex and Kara quickly made their way up the steps and stepped inside, Alex had given herself one task, to get a hold of this Clio book and learn it's secrets, then use it to seduce (Y/n) so she would never be tempted to return to the ever annoying Diana Prince, Kara needed it so she could keep one step ahead of Sara Lance.

"Where would we look?" Kara shrugged.

" The classics section maybe. " Alex reasoned.

"Good idea." Kara agreed moving towards the section labeled with classics. " And you really think this will work? "

"It has to otherwise no matter what (Y/n) says that Prince woman is going to bat her eyes and boom she'll use her skills to seduce her away from me, I can see it in her eyes when she looks at her."

" I'm pretty sure someone can only be seduced if they are willing. " Kara said cautiously.

"That shows how naive you are Kara."

Kara watched as her sister combed through the shelves discounting each book as she read the title. "Yes well I've been in a room with (Y/n) when you walk in, everyone else seems to disappear and she only has eyes for you."

" I didn't say any of this was rational. " Alex shrugged knowingly. 

"Good to know."

" Dammit, it's not here! " Alex grunted frustrated that she hadn't found it.

"Lena was telling me about (Y/n) and Diana, she was telling me about this vacation she took her on to some private island, just the two of them." Kara lowered her voice to a tiny whisper as she leaned closer to her sister. " They had sex on the beach in broad daylight. "

Alex ground her teeth aggressively, That is where she gets the sex in public thing from, from Diana bloody Prince!

"Can you believe that?" Kara giggled despite the fact her face was red, "On a beach on a private island"

"Yes okay, Kara I get it!" Alex shouted only to be hushed by people standing around looking for their own desirable book or reading. Damn library Nazis!

"Can you just imagine that though?"

Alex grimaced yes she could imagine that horror, she could imagine it all too well that was the problem she had, the problem that was driving her crazy, she needed to forget about that now. "Go and ask the woman at the desk if she has any copies of the twelve treatises of Clio's bodily pleasure."

Kara gasped. "I can't ask for that, I am the one who mouths the word 'sex'." She rubbed the back on her neck in her awkwardness. "You can't expect me to go up there and ask for that."

" Just do it and I'll keep looking. "

Kara sighed and slowly, far too slowly made her way to the desk, the red-haired woman stood in front of a computer typing something in, a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles slipped down the bridge of her nose.

"Err excuse me." Kara's voice wobbled.

"Yes." The librarian smiled. " Can I help you? "

"Err...well I'm looking for a book, a very specific book." Kara rubbed the back of her neck.

" Yes well, which book do you want? "

"Oh yeah, err...well it's called the twelve treatises of Clio's bodily pleasure." Kara coughed to try to cover over what she had said, but the woman had heard her loud and clear.