New Meets Old

"Are you kidding me Lena, if this was a tv show the whole audience would be screaming end this Lames disaster!" ( y/n) squealed out loud, far too loud for Lena's liking she glanced across at her friend eyes narrowed.

"What the hell is Lames?" Lena asked her face pained with disgust.

"It's my ship name for you." (Y/n) announced proudly.

"Will you let this go, at least I didn't humiliate myself in front of my new girlfriend." Lena battled back triumphantly, (y/n) groaned and buried her head into her hands.

"You had to bring that up Lena, Alex still hasn't called me." Remorse and regret cursed through her. " I don't think she wants to be my girlfriend anymore."

The depressing thought that Alex had seen her side by side with her perfect Maggie, her one true love as Lena had once described her and found her lacking immensely.

"Come on (y/n) Tell me what happened it can't be that bad."

"Lena it was similar to the impression the Americans made on Nagasaki."

"Just tell me everything from the beginning."

(y/n) took in a deep breath to prepare herself, she would definitely need something strong to drink after this.

"Ok, so we went to the bar, it was kinda quiet some guy in the corner giving me the eye, she was kinda possessive at that point." Lena smiled at the slight blush that crept across (y/n)'s features.

"I kinda liked it, anyway then she came and everything changed."

xxxx
"(y/n) this is Maggie my....." Alex searched for the right term to use, should she say ex, or maybe friend she just didn't know what was the protocol when you introduced your ex to your new partner? Was there even a protocol involved?

"And err Maggie this is (y/n) my err..."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes impatiently at the woman who was usually so confident and calm, she couldn't seem to get anything out at all. Losing patience (y/n) stuck her hand out towards the new woman.

"I'm (y/n) (l/n)."

The woman smiled back, two deep dimples flashed deep in her cheeks.

"I'm Maggie Sawyer."

The woman turned to Alex as (y/n) 's face fell, she had come face to face with the infamous Maggie Sawyer and she wasn't liking the big pool of insecurity that was bubbling away at the pit of her stomach right at that moment.

She watched the two talk never really hearing what they were saying, they seemed pretty intent on whatever it was they were saying and (y/n) felt pushed further and further out.

"I'm just going to the bathroom." Alex only stuck up her hand to acknowledge she has heard her, disappointed at the dismissal the chef made her way to the bathrooms, empty except for her she stood in front if the mirror and took in her appearance.

Nothing out of place, make up looked perfect, she looked pretty hot yet suddenly she was competing with someone else, someone who was there first someone who was the first love maybe the only love. How did she deal with that?

She didn't know how long she had been in the bathroom it was a while, yet no one had come looking for her, taking one last look at her visage in the mirror she straightened up her hair and made her way back to the bar.