Rivals

"Why are you so angry?" Alex asked running after the angry chef as they made their way through the hallway to her father's apartment.

(Y/n) suddenly swung around. "You know why I'm angry Alex!"

" He deserved it. " Alex shrugged, it had been quite fortuitous that the very man (Y/n) had spent hours complaining and hating on had actually turned up.

That had been his first mistake, his second was being an absolute douche towards (Y/n).

"Err chef the reject from planet hate a chef is here," Carlos said softly outside the freezer, he didn't want to go inside and risk seeing anything he shouldn't although who did anything like that in a walk-in freezer full of dead animal corpses?

" What, he is actually here? " (Y/n) popped her head around the door, Carlos tried to hold in his laughter.

"Yep."

" Right the massive piece of turd! " (Y/n) rubbed her hands together greedily. "I'll be right back Alex I have to throw out some trash."

Alex chuckled.

The chef strode angrily towards the kitchen, where a medium-sized man stood his hand braced upon his hip as he checked out a waitress as she bent over to pick something from the ground.

Sleazeball. "I assume you are the assassin of my kitchen." ( Y/n) braced herself crossing her arms over her chest.

He sneered revealing teeth that were both too big and vastly too white he looked like a Mr. Ed if he'd been employed as a model in a teeth whitening commercial.

"Well, what do we have here." He ran his eyes up the length of her body stopping at the shapely form of her chest mostly hidden by her chef whites.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, the man was pathetic. "Hey excuse me, Mr. Ed my eyes are up here."

" But it is a better view down here. "

"Sadly for you, I'm a human woman, not the blow-up kind you're used to and I will punch you, what are you doing here?"

" I'm here to work of course. "

"Nope, Cat says she fired you and as she is not one to be afraid of firing anyone, and with a face like yours I imagine she really went to town with the insults, you are here illegally, so leave now."

"Oh sweet you have this notion that I cannot twist her around my little finger, she is, after all, an older lady she is easy."

" Not if my father's fists connect to your face you won't be able to. " (Y/n) hissed, dammit if anyone was going to break her father and Cat up it would be her, but even she hadn't thought about it, she may have changed vocal sparing sessions with her stepmother but she wasn't a bitch.

"So I am here you may leave now little girl."

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow. "Do you even know who I am?"

" A wannabe Miss January in a nude calendar. " He shrugged.

"Is there a problem?" A stern voice asked behind her, ( Y/n) cringed at the smug smirk the corners of his mouth turned up and the front row of his teeth were exposed.

"Nothing Alex he is just leaving."

" I'm really not. "

Alex moved closer like an ominous soldier her movements menacing and deliberate until she stood next to (Y/n) and right in front of him.