Finally A First Date

"You don't think it's a really boring first date?"

Kara rolled her eyes for the fifteenth time in under half an hour. "You keep asking me that and I keep saying no, who can be bored with food?"

Alex groaned in agony. "You're not a reliable opinion you're anyone's for extra pizza."

She threw another dress onto her bed discounting it as a possibility, picking up a shirt and holding it against herself to see how it looked in the mirror. "Not this either."

"Can you just pick something already, before (y/n) gives up waiting and leaves." Alex turned fiery eyes at her, Kara raised her hands in surrender.

"Just go with that dark red one."

" But is a dress really what I should wear? "

"Oh Rao, just pick one!" Kara stressed falling back exhausted onto the bed while her elder sister still fumbled and struggled to decide.

                                                                                xxxx

One thing (y/n) (l/n) was not used to was being stood up on a date, especially when that date had all but begged her to go out with them.

(y/n) sighed and looked at her wristwatch again to confirm the time, an hour had gone by, all she'd gotten was the cell phone number of the weird guy who was so obvious with his wife, and sympathetic looks from the waiting staff, she was not happy.

Crumpling up the paper with the cell phone number on she threw it in the center of the table, ready to duck her head and hide from the embarrassment of being stood up.

"I am definitely losing my touch." ( y/n) sighed softly disappointment already settled into the pit of her stomach.

Drinking the last of her wine in her glass she called over the nearest waiter and paid the bill, picked up her bag and headed for the exit, one very pissed off chef.

As soon as she reached the exit the heavens opened and down came the rain drenching (y/n) completely.

"Just wonderful, fucking excellent." pursing her lips she looked up at the darkened night sky and asked a silent question. Why me?

   Hailing a cab she headed home, saying goodbye to the restaurant and Alex Danvers forever.

                                                                                     xxxx

"What do you mean she left?" Alex shouted in disbelief at the frightened waiter she had accosted when she arrived and found her table occupied by a guy on his knee proposing to a bemused woman.

"Whoever she was meeting was late, she left." he shrugged enraging Alex even more.

"I was meeting her you, idiot!"

The waiter laughed. "Oh my, what are you a loser? who stands a woman like that up?" Alex was fighting the urge to rearrange his face but he didn't notice the annoyance on her face he continued.

"Just her legs are enough to make you stop breathing, and I managed to catch a look at that cleavage a few times, I nearly dropped my tray full of drinks at one point."

"That is my girlfriend you are talking about, and keep your eyes to yourself next time she is around." Alex was livid, the exaggerated extent of their relationship had been just a small part of the possession she felt towards the woman, which had seemed to appear as though from nowhere. I'm actually jealous.

"And you stood her up, oh man you are a loser, mind you I wouldn't want to be you she looked so pissed!" He laughed enjoying the image in his head.

"You are so lucky I'm not allowed to hit you." Alex hissed between her teeth, before turning and running from the restaurant suddenly regretting her choice of wearing the dress with high heels.

                                                                                         xxxx

"Lena I swear that is it I am swearing off any form of relationship forever!" ( y/n) sighed into the phone, she had changed clothes and dried off her hair a long mess after she had dried it. Who cares no one is going to see me tonight.

"Even if the next has the sculpted abs of a statue the answer will be a firm no thank you."

"Oh I didn't realize you had company, no don't worry I'll be fine just have fun."

Not waiting for a further reply (y/n) ended the call and threw her phone on the table in front of her.

"I guess one of us has to be getting some."

Left alone again in the silent of her apartment (y/n) could feel the bravado washing away fast and making room for the disappointment and the sadness.

"Clearly she wasn't as committed as I was." She sighed as she pulled her legs up and settled her head on her knees as a small trail of tears flowed down her cheeks. I really liked her though.

It didn't take long before her eyes closed and she fell asleep.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Jumping from her sleep (y/n) rubbed her eyes tiredly and looked at the clock on the wall. "Who the hell is this at half ten at night?"

Groggy she walked to the door nearly tripping over her shoes as she did, opening the door she groaned.

"What do you want? You could have just called to cancel you know coming around wasn't necessary."

Ignoring the voice in her head that told her she looked like a mess, she stood her ground, despite noticing the dress the woman wore. She is going somewhere. Or been somewhere. 

"Got a date or something Agent Danvers?"

Alex breathed deeply, ignoring the exhaustion she felt after running the stairs to get to the apartment and her twisted ankle when she broke her heel.

"(y/n) I have a date, I'm unforgivably late but I have a valid excuse I swear, I went to the restaurant but they said you left twenty minutes before."

"Can I come in please to explain."

Alex's eyes big and round pleading like a small puppy (y/n) found her resistance faltering, opening the door she stepped out of the way for her to enter.

"Is it too late to start our first date?" Alex asked wishing beyond hope that the chef would say no.

(y/n) breathed a sigh and smiled slightly. "No Alex it isn't too late."