Little Baby Sunshine

(Y/n) cradled the small baby in her arms, her eyes had been glued to her baby sisters tiny squishy funny purple face, she'd laughed at the sight of the child puckering her petite crumpled lips.

As each moment passed by (Y/n) fell more and more in love with her sister, who was at almost twenty-four hours old nameless. "She's so perfect." (Y/n) whispered, she hadn't slept, she'd been so excited, the thought of leaving the hospital and the baby there was awful, despite the fact, her father and Cat were there, she didn't want to leave her behind.

"(Y/n) come on we have to get back." Alex said trying to pull her away, it was going to be a very long night they had so many reports to write about the attack on the Halloween party before they even began to consider going home.

(Y/n) didn't move her eyes glued to the baby in Cat's arms, as a little girl she had yearned for siblings, she had never imagined she would have to wait till she was in her twenties to actually get one. "I don't want to leave her."

Alex smiled warmly, she knew obviously by now that (Y/n) wanted children they'd talked about it early on thanks to some plotting from Lena and Kara but she'd never seen her with a child to see her so affected by her sister made it all the more real just how wonderful a mother she would be and why Elle had been the way she had been. "Come on sweetie you can see her tomorrow."

So as soon as the light hit the still misty skies of National city (Y/n) had hopped out of bed almost forgetting to give Alex a soft gentle kiss before she left, she didn't have the heart to wake her, and then high tailed it to her father and Cat's apartment.

Where she had been all day, she was after all ordered to stay away from the DEO and she'd passed everything on to Alex that Kharys had told her about ridding the city of the phantoms.

Her eyes took in the soft features of her angelic face. "When I was eight for my birthday I asked for a baby sister." (Y/n) smiled whispering softly to the sleeping baby. "I was so sad when my birthday came and I had no sister, I didn't know well how the baby thing worked then like I do now." She laughed cuddling the baby closer kissing her on her forehead taking in the sweet new warm scent if her sister's skin, the same scent all babies seemed to have. " I didn't know I would have to wait so long to get my birthday wish little one, you took your sweet time coming, but you probably knew what you were doing don't tell her but I'd rather have Cat as my mother too, well compared to Kharys, good thinking little one, she's richer too, but if you think you can have any boyfriend/girlfriend you want you are mistaken, you know who our Dad is, he will kick their butt. "

The baby let out a small groan that melted (Y/n)'s heart even more.

"I wish you had a name sweet one, I could introduce myself properly, do you remember me? hmm, I'm (Y/n) and I'm your big sister and no matter what happens in your life I'm going to always be there for you." She chuckled wickedly moving the baby closer to whisper. "And when your sister is a super that's a really big promise, I'm lucky I don't need a super to save me although Kara always has my back, I have Alex, do you remember I told you about Alex?"

The baby mumbled moving her little lips as she did, her small hands clenched into fists.

(Y/n) smiled. "See you do, I'm glad, she's kind of unforgettable though trust me I did try but well that's life, fate is a strange thing it's useless fighting it, she is my girlfriend..no wait, oh gosh don't tell her I said that I proposed no she proposed....we both kinda proposed and we are getting married on Christmas Day, which I'm so excited about but also really nervous. I have to write wedding vows, I'm so scared how am I supposed to write down feelings? I used to cook with them."

That's all gone now.

"Anyway so yeah that's nerve-wracking but I'm sure I'll get it done, our Dad has the speech to make, at least he likes Alex now because that could have been really awkward."