Just Another Girl

(Y/n) set the glass of water back onto the table by the side of her plate with a smug grin plastered across her face.

"You don't have to look so smug." Cat grimaced.

The younger woman lifted an eyebrow in response. "Really, it seems to me you have a sinking restaurant and a kitchen in revolt so I think I should be very smug."

"They are all impossible, you have installed in them your pitiful socialist tendencies." Cat groaned.

" I only employ rebels. " (Y/n) said proudly.

Cat rolled her eyes ignoring the pleading look from her husband and son, how was it fair in a few weeks she had lost her son to this woman?

(Y/n) grinned. "Say it."

" I don't know what you mean. " The older woman shrugged carelessly taking a sip from her wine glass.

"Yes, you do."

" Come on Mom just say it. " Carter said exasperated with his mother.

She took a deep breath and braced herself. "Will you come back?"

" I'm sorry Cat come back where? " (Y/n) placed her hand over her ear enjoying every moment of watching the older woman squirm.

"Will you come back to the restaurant please." She huffed.

" I don't know you don't sound very grateful Cat, you sound like your doing me a favor when it is you who needs me. " (Y/n) said smugly.

"Please, will you come back." She said through grounded teeth.

" I'll think about it. " She said happily ignoring the steam she swore she saw coming from her step mother's ears.

"You little..."

" Err so (Y/n) Quentin tells me you and Sara broke up. " Her father said trying to take the conversation away from the restaurant.

"Yeah."

" Why? "

"I hmmm...." Should she tell her father the truth or a half-truth she really didn't know. " I just wasn't ready for anything serious after Alex. "

"Oh."

" Are you two...you know? "

"I don't know."

" Be careful sweetie. "

(Y/n) smiled at him. "I will Daddy."

" (Y/n) are you still making pizzas with us tomorrow? " Carter asked excitedly.

"Yep only we can't use Lena's apartment because she has a date so Kara acted as our hero and offered hers, it also comes with the condition that she gets a pizza that is no surprise, I think she may have arranged the whole thing so she got the pizza actually." She shrugged.

"Whoever thought a Luthor and Bruce Wayne dating." Cat pondered.

" What the heck is that supposed to mean she is far too good for him in fact. " The chef loudly proclaimed defending her friend.

"Just stating a fact."

Her father's cell phone rang, recently he'd been working so hard a spate of missing persons had occurred in and around the city.

" I'll be right there. " We got another missing person, he sighed sadly putting down his fork and standing.

"Can't you at least finish your food?" Cat asked worry evident in her voice.