Roommates And Old Friends

"Well thank you very much girls for displaying how awful our family dinners are." Eliza smiled, How has this woman not run away by now?

"(Y/n) is no angel." Kara protested. "She has a ghost in her restaurant and she is totally freaked out by it. "

(Y/n) felt her eyes narrow dangerously glaring at the woman who looked at her with glee whilst picking up her peas with her fork.

"Kara kissed Lena and now she won't talk to her because she is a massive coward." The chef smiled watching as the peas escaped everywhere from her now lopsided fork a loud gasp filled the air, as both Eliza and Alex stared at her.

"What!" Alex scoffed a laugh caught in her throat as she stared at her sister a half smirk on her face.

(Y/n) sighed turning to her. "You already know this I told you after Lena told me."

" I knew letting you two move to National city would mess with your heads. " Eliza fretted. "What is happening in your lives it sounds like a Shakespeare play."

" These things never did happen in Metropolis. " (Y/n) mused.

"Why do I have the feeling that you fit in very well with Alex and Kara?" Eliza asked amused.

" I just like them is all. "

"I think it's a little more than like." The older woman smiled at her, switching her gaze to Alex knowingly.

" Well, there is no doubt about that. " The chef shrugged.

"Alex dear jealousy is normal but you shouldn't let it ruin your relationship and Kara if you like Lena tell her." Eliza picked up her fork again happy with her advice.

(Y/n) sat back down in her chair leaning over to Alex to whisper. "Are all your family dinners like this? I'm not used to the warmth I'm stuck with Cat the ice queen."

Alex chuckled. "Some go smoother than others."

"So (Y/n) do you approve of the dinner?" The older woman asked anxiously.

" Mom (Y/n) is not judging your cooking. " Alex sighed burying her head in her hands.

"Well, maybe she could give some pointers."

Okay (Y/n) impress the hopefully future mother-in-law no bad criticism. "Well I would say there is no need to chargrill your peppers before you stuff them, just stuff them and then put them into the oven, you don't want them too well done, the peppers become mushy and tasteless."

"Are they tasteless?" Eliza asked

"Err no I...I meant that...Alex a little help please." ( Y/n) pleaded.

"You did ask for pointers Mom" Alex shrugged.

"That is you helping?"

                                                                                                     xxx

"So this is unexpected." (Y/n) whispered softly into the dark of all the things to expect she had not thought of this.

"I know I'm so sorry," Alex spoke back disappointed.

" Hey screw you, Alex, this was my room too I was not being evicted because you wanted to impress your girlfriend! " Kara called out. "And don't you two even think about doing anything I will kick your butts out the window so fast you won't have time to blink"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "Damn I was so looking forward to sex with my girlfriend in the same room as her sister, you really need to get a better opinion of me Kara, that's way too gross."