No To Date Night?

"Lena says you've blown it with (y/n)." Kara casually stated as she plied the last of the pizza into her mouth, she didn't notice the shock on her elder sister's face.

"What."

"Yeah, she got tired of waiting I guess."

It had been three weeks since that night outside the bar, three weeks since that quick all too brief kiss, work had been hectic and if Alex was honest she had to admit she was nervous, frightened of starting again with anyone who wasn't Maggie.
So after the initial phone calls and texts, Alex began missing them, not calling back using the excuse of being too busy or too tired.

"It will be fine don't worry." Alex shrugged noticing that the last slice had gone already.

"Not this time it won't Lena said there is someone who has started taking an interest and with you, MIA (y/n) decided to go for it."

"Someone else already?" Alex screwed her face up in disgust, jealousy coursing through her entire body.

" Already, it's not like you were committed or even dating Alex, you avoided her what did you want her to do wait by her cell phone on the off chance you would call?"

Alex sagged at the truth in her sister's words.
"I've ruined everything Kara."

"Yes, you have." Alex looked up at her sister from her place, head cupped in her hands a look of disbelief at her.

"Thanks for the sympathy."

"No problem, but sitting here won't help you, you could be missing out on something pretty big. "

Kara knew without being told why her sister was so worried about putting her feet into the dating pool again, she also knew if she didn't try then she would never succeed.

"So has she been out with this someone?" Alex tried to hide the animosity in her words but it was hard.

" Lena said no she hasn't. "

After a brief contemplation, Alex leaped from the couch without a word and ran for the door, leaving Kara laughing behind her.

                                                                                                    xxxx

(y/n) crouched down against the chair in her office, exhausted after a long and hectic service, her feet felt numb she had been standing up for so long, leaning forward she sunk into her hands that were stretched out on the desk in front of her, hair fanning around her head.

When the door swung open (y/n) didn't have the energy to look up, assuming it was one of her staff she waited.

"(y/n)." The exhausted chef frowned at the sound of the familiar voice, though she still couldn't muster the energy to lift her head.

"Agent Danvers what can I do for you? "

Alex flinched against the chilled tone of her voice, in their phone calls she had gotten her to call her Alex now she was back to Agent Danvers.

"I came to arrange that first date." Alex anxiously bites her bottom lip waiting for the woman's reply.

A rumble of laughter rose from the mop of (h/c) hair on the desk, as her face finally emerged.

"Come on Agent Danvers how easy do you think I am? I assumed you had no interest, so I moved on."

"Listen I understand this is my fault, but I think I deserve a second chance."

(y/n) narrowed her eyes and rose to her feet, she was slightly taller than the brunette woman who infuriated her and intrigued her in equal measure.

"Deserve, what do I owe you?" Why should I risk my heart getting broken because of it?

"Well, I'm a better bet than whoever my rival is."

(y/n) frowned until realization dawned on her. "Lena Luthor, I swear I'm this close to killing that woman." Lifting her hand she showed two fingers only inches apart, Alex laughed.

"There is also the fact that I know you think I'm hot." Alex blushed at her forwardness.

Quirking an eyebrow (y/n) took in the woman standing in front of her, arms that looked muscular which she knew from their first meeting they were, she shivered at the memory of that encounter, the memory of her body flushed up close to her own.

(y/n) may have had other potential dates lined up but none of them was Alex Danvers and none of them made her feel as she did.

Crossing her arms over her chest dominantly. "You have one last chance Agent Danvers if you screw this up it's done no going back."

Casting a relieved smile Alex tried to hold in her excitement and all but failed when she gave a slight bob motion with her body that looked slightly like a curtsey.

"Just one more thing." Alex ventured further into the chef's office to get close to the intoxicating woman.

"What."

"Can you stop calling me Agent Danvers and go back to Alex please."