Birthday Parties

"Lena I swear if you have anything planned I will kill you!"

Lena shrugged innocently trying to hide the fact that she had an apartment full of people ready to leap out, Lena had known her friend long enough to know she hated her birthday, she also knew why had even been there before that when birthdays had been nothing but childish fun.

Despite this Lena knew her friend deserved to be celebrated, especially after what she had done with Morgan Edge, (y/n) had not told her but she had heard it. the gossip was all over the city.

Gingerly she opened the door, (y/n) following behind her, holding her cell phone anticipating a call from Alex.

When the door closed behind them so there was no escape everyone jumped out from their hiding places and yelled "Surprise!"

" Lena I warned you. "

"I know, and you warn me every year but I'm still here aren't I? not murdered by my best friend just yet."

Being mad with Lena Luthor for very long was an almost impossible task, her big green eyes gazed back at her wide and innocent, a small shy smile played across her mouth.

"Your just lucky I have Alex to hide behind tonight, where is she?" ( y/n) began searching around, Kara was here holding court at the table with the food, piling her plate with as much food as she could.

"She said she couldn't come, other plans she didn't say what."

The smile quickly turned into a frowned, disappointed she wouldn't be here with her in her birthday.

"It's my fault I never told her it was my birthday, she didn't know to be free tonight or anything."

" Of course, come on (y/n) let's go and dance its been ages since we just said fuck it and danced." Lena pulled her by her arm trying to distract her from Alex.

"Yeah, that last time didn't go very well did it?" ( y/n) laughed.

"I don't know what you mean."

" Lex's bald head reflecting the lights around him. " It had been hilarious, just before (y/n) left for Italy, Lena had been so depressed thinking she would lose her friend, someone who was more than a friend she was like the sister she never had, when her family had hated her or ignored her (y/n) had always been there and although they fell out sometimes they never ever let the bad feeling linger between them.

"That may have been what tipped him over the edge." Lena thought.

" Hey if he couldn't handle two students taking the piss out of him then he shouldn't have gone into the arch-villain business. " Thinking there was a time when Lex Luthor had actually been a pretty cool guy seemed so strange now, yet he had been, when he went on his spree in Metropolis her father had been hell-bent on catching him at all cost, his vendetta against Superman had fuelled his hate, (y/n) had gotten the full lowdown from her father as well as the "keep away from Lena Luthor speech."

One which (y/n) had taken no notice of, there was no way Lena would ever become like her brother, (y/n) wouldn't allow it even if she did.

Kara watched the two friends dance, she had wondered what had been so important for Alex that she couldn't come tonight.

Her cell phone ringing in her pocket startled her slightly.

"Alex hey where are you?"

In her apartment  Alex paced up and down she had waited for two hours for (y/n) to arrive yet she hadn't shown up.

"I arranged a special birthday thing for (y/n) I messaged her a time and here I am still waiting."

Kara rolled her eyes, why did her sister have to be like this?

"Alex (y/n) is here at Lena's you know she has been staying here while they sort out her apartment, well Lena decided to throw a surprise party for her."

Alex clenched her fists in anger, how dare she do this, (y/n) was her girlfriend it was her job to throw parties, not Lena's.

"So you're telling me all my plans were pointless."

Alex hated the idea of (y/n) living with Lena, for a week the thought had eaten away at her until she had a burning hate for Lena Luthor, (y/n) should have come to her for help, not Lena.

"I'll be right over."

" Good, Alex I think (y/n) is missing you. "

                                                                                       xxx

The first thing Alex saw as she stepped through the front door was (y/n) and Lena dancing, laughing happily together in that moment it was like a kick to the gut.

"It really looks like she is missing me." Alex groaned out angrily to her sister who had to fight the urge not to roll her eyes.

" Grow up Alex, you really need to let this stupid idea of your go. "

(y/n) looked across at the door, seeing Alex standing there suddenly she flew across the room and almost leaped into her arms, catching her off guard Alex stumbled back a few steps before she righted herself.

"Alex you came, Lena said you had plans for tonight. "

"I bet she did." Alex scowled at Lena.

" Err Alex you did say that to her. " Kara whispered trying to remind her sister that Lena was not the bad guy she had made her.

"Yes my plans were for your birthday, I had a special night planned." Alex shrugged, it didn't matter anymore it had been ruined.

" What but you never said! "

"Check your messages "

(y/n) pulled out her phone and shaking looked through her new messages, sure enough there it was. "Alex I'm so sorry I didn't see it."

" It's done now, so don't worry about it. "

"No Alex I won't." ( y/n) was close to tears, she felt so terrible for doing this and missing out on time spent with Alex.

Leaning into her (y/n) whispered. "Let's go to your place and I can apologize properly, just the two of us."

Sending Lena a triumphant look Alex took (y/n)'s hand and pulled her through the door.

"How did you know about my birthday?" She asked whilst walking briskly down the hall to the elevator.

" Your Dad called me. "

"He didn't." Her face reddened at the thought of her father flexing his weight and getting Alex's number.

Yet the thought that her father liked Alex enough to go out of his way and do it made her happy, for the first time ever her big fierce father actually approved of who she was dating.