Girlfriend Blues

"It's not happening Alex!" ( Y/n) stated loudly leaving no room for argument.

"I don't need your approval (Y/n)," Alex shouted back following her from the bathroom where their row had begun moments earlier.

"I don't care it's not happening and I'm not letting you go! "

Alex sighed exasperated by her stubbornness she'd spent half an hour putting her reasons to her, telling her why she was fine to go back to work but (Y/n) was an immovable force. "(Y/n) there is no reason for me not to go to work, and I am a doctor I do know about these things."

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes turned on her, her eyes filled with fear and doubt made Alex soften, suddenly it was obvious why she was so stubborn.

"Just listen to me once Alex please a few more days resting." ( Y/n) emplored her, standing now in front of her, her slender soft fingers touching the contours of her cheeks, Alex sighed again she would never agree to such a stupid idea, she was fit she was fitter than she had ever been actually, but seeing the concern and misery in (Y/n)'s eyes broke her.

She ran her hands up and down the arms held out in front of her, still a little wet from the shower she'd taken and in her anger not dried fully. "The next time you find yourself questioning how much I love you remember this okay. "

"You will stay home?" Her voice lifted with hope.

Alex smiled. "Yes, but you have to make it worth my while it's boring being all alone."

(Y/n)'s smile dropped. "I can't Kara and I need to work on this hologram case."

Alex felt the burden of having an overprotective girlfriend. Is this what I am like?

"You are going to be sulking all day aren't you?" ( Y/n) asked softly.

"Yes, I'm bored."

" Fine. "

"I can go." Her face lit up like a child on Christmas morning when they first set eyes on their gifts under the tree.

"I have conditions." ( Y/n) warned.

"Okay."

"You stay in the DEO at all times, no escaping no guns no matter how cool you think they are, no standing for too long."

Alex groaned audibly. "Oh come on (Y/n) no cool guns what are you trying to do to me?"

" I am trying to look after my hard headed stubborn girlfriend. "

"Yeah, you may be going too far."

"Alex."

"Yeah yeah I know, no fun just sitting down." Alex sighed sadly.

" I'll be there. "

"Yeah, I guess when your not off with Kara or running around with Sara Lance who can because she wasn't kidnapped by a psycho and experimented on. .." What had started as a light-hearted funny sentence had somehow turned much darker, she looked into the haunted guilty eyes of her girlfriend and immediately felt remorseful. "(Y/n) I was just..."

" No, it's okay do what you want Alex I was just trying to look after you. "

"I know you are, I was just...I'm not used to it."

" If I could take back what they did to you Alex I would, the thought of anyone hurting you just kills me. "

"I know, I don't blame you I'm just so frustrated doing nothing ."

(Y/n) made her way into the kitchen leaving Alex where she stood. "You can make yourself useful by scrambling these eggs I'm certain I can hear Kara coming."