It All Started With A Raid

Twelve Years Before, National City.

This was the night they had been preparing for the last few months, every late night spends scrolling through menu ideas, interviewing staff, supervising the decorating of the restaurant had all been in preparation for this, opening night.

"Carlos I need those beef steaks now!" A red-faced ( y/n) shouted across the heated kitchen to one of her chefs. The robust dark-haired man nodded in response. "Yes, chef." before running to the fridge to get the beef steak.

(y/n) (l/n) was something of a celebrity she had gained her first head chef position at twenty-six at a restaurant in Rome, she had lived there with her then-boyfriend Alessandro when they ended a year ago (y/n) decided to return home and the city was abuzz about their homegrown international chef.

She tried to correct them that she wasn't from National City but instead had been born in Metropolis so far no one seemed to be listening. It was frustrating, especially after her father began reading the articles a hard-nosed detective he was as stubborn as a bull, he had not been happy.

"Beef Steaks chef," Carlos called in his thickly accented Mexican voice placing the tray of steaks on the counter.

"Thank you, Carlos." Turning her attention to the steaks she inspected them for the fifteenth time that day, everything had to be perfect her reputation was on the line.

"They just delivered the tomatoes chef," Kimmy called from the doorway to the alley, drawing a big sigh of relief from ( y/n). "Thank goodness for that, better to be an hour late than never arrive at all."

Kimmy didn't wait to be told to bring in the delivery of tomatoes.

"Chef we've misplaced the Duck for the Duck Confit."

"Chef we have too much sea bass."

(y/n) could feel herself swimming in a sea of stress and nerves.

"Chef how crispy does the pork crackling have to be?"

A crash sounded through the kitchen accompanied by a loud curse. "Shit I dropped the chicken stock!"

(y/n) closed her eyes and braced her hands on the counter in front of her, and counted to ten slowly.

When she was ready to face the minor disasters she looked up and faced everyone their silent looks bore into (y/n).

Opening her mouth to speak the kitchen door slammed open and in stormed three well-built men with their guns held out in front of them.

The whole kitchen erupted into chaos (y/n) looked on in horror as a woman in a dark blue bulletproof vest type thing made her way through, her short hair seemed as stern as her.

"I'm Agent Danvers and this is a raid." She declared holding her badge up in the air, ( y/n) looked on in dread. Well, this has never happened before.

"Listen Agent Danvers there must be some kind of mistake." She approached the woman who looked far too comfortable with the gun she now held in her hands.

"Afraid not we have a warrant to search this place for an illegal alien. "

(y/n)'s face distorted in displeasure "In my kitchen, every member of my staff have papers."

"Papers can be faked Ms?."

"My name is (y/n) (y/l/n) I am the head chef." (y/n) proudly announced.

"I refuse to let you terrorize an innocent in my kitchen." (y/n) stood to brace herself to stand her ground. The woman rolled her eyes as though she were bored and with quick movements, so quick (y/n) never saw it coming she grabbed the head chef, placed cuffs on her and had her pressed against the wall.

"Wow Agent Danvers I'm all for kinky but we've only just met." Stood behind the chef Alex's face reddened as those nearby laughed. "We don't even have a safe word. " Alex rolled her eyes. Will this woman never shut up?

"Get moving you're under arrest."

Panic spread through her as she was led away from her post.
" This is police brutality! "

"We're not the police." The agent laughed.

"Government brutality than its all the same!" ( y/n) shrieked.

"If you say so."

"You have no idea who my Father is, he is a detective in Metropolis. " Silence from her capture. "He knows Superman you know." Still, nothing but she thought she heard a chuckle

Somehow she managed to swing herself around so she was facing the agent, she was slightly taller. "I need to be here tonight, its the opening night if I'm not here then thousands of dollars are lost."

Alex avoided the look of desperation in her eyes. "Sorry I am just doing my job."

" I'm already in shit so I'm just going to say it, put it out in the open. " Alex shrugged as she waited for her to finish. "You're a real bitch lady!"

"Okay, let's go before you end up doing a long stretch."

                                                                              xxxx

"Come on you can leave now, a Detective (l/n) called he was pretty pissed at his daughter." The same smug agent who arrested her stood at the door of her cell.

"Excellent."

" Next time try not to get in the way of someone doing their job. " The agent smirked.

"Interesting because I'm pretty sure you did that last night." ( y/n) narrowed her eyes in a challenge, the agent just laughed.

She is getting on my last nerve!

"You know what I stand by what I said last night, you're a real bitch!"