Meeting The Father

A month had passed since Alex was shot, all recovered she had finally overcome the need for a nursemaid, much to everyone's relief and her disappointment she had enjoyed having (y/n) around all the time, it had shocked her when she had actually taken time off work.

"Will you stop sighing like a balloon with a puncture." Kara had spent an hour listening to her sister being over dramatic.

"I am not doing anything." Aside from missing ( y/n).

"Yes you are, you are annoying if you want to see (y/n) go and see her." Kara had been saying the same thing for the last two hours, she was beginning to wonder whether she should record it and play it on a loop.

"Her Father is there I can't go over, she didn't invite me." Alex kept replaying what she had overheard on the phone that night a few months before, for days she had been uncomfortable with the idea that he would talk her out of being with her.

"Just pretend to be a delivery guy or something, he's never seen you right, so how will he know?" Kara reasoned.

"He is a detective Kara and from what (y/n) says he is a really good one there is no pulling the wool over this guys eyes. "

"Fine, stop sighing then and watch the movie."

Long moments passed before Alex found her eyes straying to the clock on the wall and releasing yet another long sigh, leaping off the sofa barely managing not to throw the bowl of popcorn into the air Kara faced her sister with a face of rage.

"Alex just go!"

" But this is my apartment. "

"No go and see (y/n) and forget about her father."

Alex sat thinking about whether she should be going, was it okay to be selfish even to steal just one kiss? Maybe even two or three if she could get that lucky.

It took two seconds before she sprang from her seat, give Kara a quick hug and left her apartment, leaving a happy Kara to eat her popcorn and watch her movie in peace.

xxxx

(y/n) had spent five whole days as a prisoner to her father's annoying habits, five days of his quirky personality that always became a distant memory when he left but came flooding back like a tidal wave when he visited her.

This visit his one topic of conversation had been Alex.

"Alex!" ( y/n) stared wide-eyed with a mix of alarm and a soul-deep need to be held tightly in her strong arms. "What are you doing here?" Dropping her tone to a whisper her eyes darted behind her cautiously.

"I missed you." Alex rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, making the chef's heart melt. God, you are cute.
Risking it (y/n) rushed forward and landed a hard and eager kiss on a surprised Alex, the same one she had been dreaming of ever since day two of her father's visit and she was beginning to crave some alone time with the agent.

Fists clenched in the dark-eyed woman's shirt she deepened the kiss, breathing in every scent that was Alex to store for when she was left alone again.

A cough from behind her startled them both, turning she came face to face with her father.

"Is this how you greet everyone who knocks your door (y/n) or can I assume this is the infamous Alex Danvers." ( y/f/n) (l/n) stood his arms crossed over his chest, in contrast to (y/n) he was a big man, his arms looked like barrels and his chest was muscular.

"Daddy this is Alex." ( y/n) said quietly, taking her hand and pulling her inside closing the door behind them.

"Hello Mr (l/n)" Alex pushed her hand out to shake his, the man just stared at her.