Fatherly Favors

"Come on people get this done now I have a late night date with a hottie!" ( y/n) shouted to the members of her kitchen staff, for the last two hours time had dragged by.

"Anyone, we know chef?" Carlos chuckled earning him a raised eyebrow and a towel thrown his way.

"Carlos gets to dry the dishes tonight." ( y/n) declared, the rest of the kitchen hollered in delight while Carlos cursed his big mouth, still he had had some real Bastards for bosses (y/n) was one of the best, not many would have given him a position of sous chef when he had only minor experience and had just arrived from Mexico, but the feisty chef had seen something in him and she was happy he was proving her right.

"Chef has a girlfriend!" was the teasing echo making the woman laugh, her cheeks turning strawberry red.

The gossip had been going around that a few weeks before the two had been in her office doing something a little more exciting than the books.

"Come on help a girl out guys."

(y/n) rarely left her kitchen without inspecting the clean up done after a nights service, it was almost an obsession, so leaving early was out of the question but she didn't want Alex to have to wait while she still had to tidy up.

Twenty minutes when Alex walked through the door her eyes searching around for (y/n), she was all ready to go.

"Alex." Almost running towards her ( y/n) threw her arms around her and kissed her as though she hadn't seen her in years, a chorus of wolf whistles rang out as her staff delighted in taking the piss.

"You are all fired!" ( y/n) joked.

"So what are we doing?"

Alex looked into her eyes for a time, saying nothing it was as though she was looking for something, but what?

Alex had Been acting strange for a few days ever since that night at the restaurant but (y/n) couldn't quite figure out what was causing it.

"Alex."

" Sorry what. "

Okay, there is something happening here.

"Where are we going?"

Shaking her head as though she was clearing the mist from her mind the agent finally seemed to engage in what was happening.

"Oh, I thought just a beer at the bar."

" Only if you promise no more beating people up. " (y/n) gently tapped the tip of Alex's nose with affection, leaning forward to whisper "We should feel sorry for them at the end of the night they have to watch me go home with you."

Alex still didn't like the thought of them watching her, undressing her with their eyes.

"Remember Alex only you know I have the tattoo in a certain place." with a teasing wink ( y/n) walked out not waiting for her to follow.

"Good luck you'll need it." An older guy with a trimmed beard shouted. a cheerful grin on his face as he threw a towel towards the table, an exaggerated sigh escaping his lips.

" Err thanks. "

                                                                                          xxx

"So guess who I had in my restaurant tonight?" ( y/n) had sat cheerfully opposite her since they had arrived, yet her feet were entangled with hers under the table and often her hand would clasp tightly into Alex's as she spoke.

"I don't know The Incredible Hulk." Alex shrugged taking a mouthful of her whiskey.

"What, Alex no of course not it was Morgan Edge." Her face grimaced as though she had just smelled something bad. " Of course I threw him out. "

"Can you do that?" Alex was a little surprised.

" Of course, I'm not giving anything to that sleazeball after everything he has done to Lena. "

(y/n) watched as a dark cloud seemingly took over her girlfriend's face. What is wrong with her?

"Is everything okay Alex, you've been kinda weird." She was too nervous for the answer, she was still a little insecure with Alex, that at any moment Alex would realize she was way too good for her and dump her ass.

" Just work stress. " Alex shrugged uninterested, puffing her cheeks with air she turned her gaze to the place around them.

"Slow night isn't it?"

Is small talk really where we are heading for the rest of the night?
(y/n) silently bemoaned.

"Come on drink up I have an early start tomorrow." As a stunned (y/n) watched on Alex drank the rest of her glass in one big gulp.

"It's okay I don't want the rest of mine, Can I stay at yours tonight?"

" Can't I need to actually sleep. "

"Oh, okay." There was no point in asking if she wanted to stay at her apartment either, she would just get the same response.

Disappointed (y/n) followed Alex out of the bar and out into the night, ready to go home, alone.

                                                                                             xxx

Tonight her apartment seemed very lonely, in her distress she had decided to soothe it away from a long soak in her bath, waiting she had sat in front of the tv and promptly fell asleep.

Why were her feet wet?

Leaping to her feet a groggy (y/n) stared in disbelief at the water that flower under her feet. "OMG the bath!"

Running to the bathroom she discovered the devastation the bath overflowing and rapidly filling the room and the whole apartment with water.

"Shit, why did I have to fall asleep?"

Racing forward she managed to turn the taps off to stop any more water damage, but her apartment was ruined she needed some work done and pronto.

Pulling her cell phone out she initially went to call Alex but she recalled her rejection just a few hours earlier, remembered her words instead she pulled out the name of someone who had always been there for her. Lena.

                                                                                        xxx

Alex cursed her own stupidity, she could have said yes to (y/n) she wanted to, but her mention of Lena Luthor had brought out the jealous child in her.

"I'm such a fool, I could have been snuggled up with (y/n) right now, instead I'm too stubborn." As she was berating herself her cell phone began to ring.

"Hello." The number displayed was unknown, the voice that greeted her, however, was not.

"Danvers its (Y/f/n) (l/n)."

Alex's eyes widened in shock. "How did you get my number?"

Her question was met with a deep hearty laugh. "I have my ways Danvers, I have my ways."

" I need to talk to you about (y/n)'s birthday next week, I'm assuming she hasn't told you. "

She hadn't said a word about her birthday, Alex frowned as she wondered why she hadn't said anything.

"So now you know Danvers, make my little girl feel special okay, there is a reason she avoids the day."

As suddenly as he called he was gone, leaving Alex with far more questions than answers, but determined to make her birthday special, she had to make it a surprise realizing she couldn't even tell Kara, she was the worst at keeping secrets.