Stubborn Women

The man trailed his hands down his face desperately, it was his misfortune to have a daughter and a wife who were both so stubborn, he'd been trying for two hours to get both to see sense.

"If she can apologize I will be graceful and take her back." Cat sat innocently on the sofa her hands between her knees trying not to enjoy her presumed victory too much.

"Apologies is she taking the piss, there is no way I am saying sorry."

"Okay, you both need to say sorry, please to help keep me sane." (f/n) pleaded his eyes desperate, he couldn't win he either sided with his daughter and upset his wife or sided with his wife an upset his daughter and her adored them both.

Why can't they just get along?

"Your daughter is very eloquent (f/n) how does she manage it?"

(Y/n) landed her heated eyes on the older woman a fierce growl emanating from her. "That is my kitchen, it is mine I had to watch another woman take away the woman I loved I'm damn certain I will not let that happen to my kitchen!"

"Slightly too dramatic." Cat sighed.

"See how she knows nothing about restaurants, to a chef a kitchen is like a ship for a naval Captain, if the kitchen goes down then a chef does too, a kitchen will tell you a lot about a head chef, and mine is pristine and happy."

"You don't sound so pristine and happy now." Cat shrugged eyebrows darting upwards.

"Oh, Dad what happened to that twenty-one-year-old bikini model you were dating why didn't you marry her."

(f/n)'s mouth gaped open feeling the intense gaze from his wife. "Now she is lying I never dated anyone who was twenty...well I mean I did when I was twenty but not now no never, (Y/n) tell her I'm not a sleazy older guy."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, folding her arms over her chest. "Fine she wasn't twenty-one, she was thirty-one."

"It's not as bad as it sounds Cat I was only thirty-nine." He was beginning to wonder why he had ever gotten involved in their war of wills, in pointless wars only the innocent were ever hurt and it was him being hit by misdirected missiles.

"She was really nice too." (Y/n) smiled at the woman who looked like she was torn between deciding who she should attack. "Flawless skin I remember, perky boobs no need for any doctor intervention."

"(Y/n) you are really making things worse."

"I just simply wish you'd married her, what was her name again Mercury?"

"Hah Mercury, who names their child something so stupid?"

"I don't know Catherine."

"Don't call me that!" The older woman stood up uncaring that (Y/n) was by far taller than her, she had faced bigger in her time.

"Okay you two can sort this out together, you are driving me crazy whether you like this or not you are like two peas in a pod!"

Both women turned to him all their anger and accusation landed squarely on him.

"Oh screw this I'm never going to win, but I'm not choosing either one of you over the other, I love you both and these crazy battle of wills will not even well," With that, he stormed from the apartment slamming the door behind him.

"You've really upset your father," Cat said smugly.

"Oh screw you, you two cent pole dancer."

"Is that the best you can do?"

"No, I feel sorry for the pole!"

(Y/n) soon followed her father leaving Cat alone.

"Good, maybe I can get some work done in peace now."