Just Forget About It.

"So I think I'm just going to forget about it and move on, that really hot mechanic has been giving me the eye for a few months." (y/n) sulked down in the chair she had been sitting in for the better part of an hour, in front of Lena's desk. 

"That really greasy one, (y/n) we need to talk about your taste in men it is awful, it always has been." Lena sighed as she looked up at her friend, (y/n) shrugged in response. 

"It is not my fault that I am one of those bisexual women who think women are sexier than men, only I end up with guys cause the women I take a shine to don't share my enthusiasm." (y/n) sulked, this had always been a problem some women really did not like the fact that she liked guys as well, it was a deal breaker for them. 

"It's that bi stereotype in full working order, Lena, I hate it." 

"So why don't you hang in there with Alex, you've both been unlucky with work and other things just give her another chance before you go chasing greasy mechanics." Lena cringed at the thought of him what did her friend see in him. 

Turning her attention from the paper on her desk for a minute she placed her head on her hand and took in her friend, her long (h/c) hair was down about her shoulders today, one side tucked behind her ear in a failed attempt to keep it out of her eyes. 

"I have a theory." Lena ventured cautiously, which (y/n) looked up and shrugged waiting to hear the theory. 

"You have infamously bad taste in men." 

(y/n) growled in discomfort. "We have been through this Lena, why do you keep rubbing it in?" Lena waved away her protest, she wasn't finished with her analysis just yet. 

"You choose men who are really wrong for you, idiots, men too vain they spend more time at the gym in front of the mirror kissing their pecks." 

"Hey that was one guy!" (y/n) protested her eyebrows furrowed in distress. 

"Let me finish, you choose knowingly because it is easy for you to leave, your get out clause if you will." Lena leaned back and smiled taking in the stunned look on the chef's face. 

"So I sabotage a relationship even before it begins by picking losers?" 

"Exactly." 

"So why did I go to Rome with Alessandro if I knew he was a loser?" (y/n) crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. 

Lena rolled her eyes as though the answer was obvious. "(y/n) you would have gone on your own, hell you were in Paris alone for two years before that." 

"It's scary to me that you are making sense." 

"You should listen to me then right?" Lena shot her a smug look, (y/n) narrowed her eyes unhappy her friend had bested her. 

"What about you." (y/n) pointed at her. 

"What about me?" 

"This thing you have going with whats his name."

"You mean James, he is a perfectly decent and lovely guy." Lena returned her attention back to the work in front of her picking up her pen to jot down some numbers. 

"Oh please, this thing you have is so fake the last time my sous chef mistakenly ordered fake crab meat that was more realistic than whatever you two have going on." 

"You are really comparing me to fake crab meat?" Lena asked shocked.

"Yeah and that stuff is nasty Lena, yet it's still more realistic than what you two have." 

"Let's change the subject shall we." Lena breathed a sigh of relief when (y/n) shook her head in response. 

"You have what many gay and bi women get at least once in their lives." (y/n) smugly stated.

"And what do I have?" Lena asked petulantly.

(y/n) shrugged "A crush on a straight girl." Lena tried to ignore the chef's correct statement and changed the subject quickly. 

"There is also your low expectation of relationships." Lena broke the silence with something way more personal for (y/n). 

"Don't go there, Lena."

"No listen, your Mother left your Father and you with not even a goodbye, took off with his best friend right?" Lena motioned her head towards her, (y/n) nodded her head, memories of that time beginning to cloud her again. 

"Yeah, not so good being fourteen and finding out your mother is a heartless bitch!"

"So with your sabotage and your lack of faith in a meaningful relationship." 

"I'm pretty much a train wreck." (y/n) sighed sadly. 

"No you need someone who will fight against your instinct to have all the worst things happen, I think Alex could be that person for you." 

"What is her history like?" (y/n) asked cautiously she had to be a little bit older than her.

"She was engaged." Lena shrugged as though it was nothing. 

"Are you kidding me she liked someone enough to want to marry them and now you want me to think she would actually look past all my massive massive flaws!" (y/n) screeched anxiously as she looked across at the dark-haired woman for an answer, but she simply shrugged. 

"Oh my God we definitely need to forget about this, I can see the heartbreak coming like that big stone ball in Indiana Jones." 

"(y/n) calm down everything will be fine, they aren't together anymore that must tell you something, although she was kinda like the love of her life so.." Lena didn't continue she looked across at the look on her friend's face, her eyes wide as though she were a deer caught in headlights. 

"Love of her love, fucking hell Lena how can I compete with that, the closest I ever got to that was my childhood Salamander, Ricky!" 

Lena laughed. "Oh yeah I forgot about that little guy, he was sweet." 

"I'll go see the mechanic right now maybe he could be my..." Lena was quick to cut her off.

"Whatever you are going to suggest don't, he is not going to be anyone's anything, the man has a Persian rug on his chest." 

"Some people like a hairy chest." (y/n) cringed. "Or I could drop hints about the profits of waxing." 

"Or you could quit with the stupidity and stick with Alex." Lena sighed she was exhausted with this conversation already. 

(y/n) slouched back down in the chair. "You better be right Lena, because I really am not looking forward to being thirty-five and single." 

Lena looked up and frowned. "Hey, our pact was and still is a genius move on our sixteen-year-old selfs part." 

"Yeah sure who makes those things anyway, if your single by the time you turn thirty-five then we will marry each other." (y/n) groaned into her hand, Lena laughed mischievously. 

"There could be another reason for your terrible relationship history." 

(y/n) looked up curious what else she had to offer.

"You are just biding time because you actually want me." Lena grinned lecherously, wiggling her eyebrows up and down for effect.  

(y/n) wasted no time rising from the chair and picking up a discarded pen on the desk in front of her she threw it at her laughing friend, who successfully dodged it.

"Why am I friends with you? I have to get back to work." 

"Bye (y/n) honey only seven more years to go."

(y/n) turned swiftly away from the door, she was about to escape her friends teasing.

"I want a divorce."