A Danvers Reunion

(Y/n) had lost track of how long they'd sat in the car, in a virtually abandoned car park to a wildlife center just on the edge of town, as dusk fell over the sky they'd talked, Alex had explained what had happened as she clenched (Y/n)'s hand tighter seeking the comfort she offered.

With darkness in full flight now and the trees around the park starting to get creepy, the hooting of owls and squeaks of unseen night animals who came out only when the sun bid goodnight and the moon came to do his duty. (Y/n) had looked across and found Alex asleep, her head leaning back against the back of the car seat, her mouth hung open slightly as a soft adorable snore emerged.

After that The chef had taken the initiative to leave, so making sure Alex's seat belt was secure she's driven out of there and headed back to Eliza's, not knowing what to expect when they arrived, or even if Alex would be okay with it.

That was why (Y/n) had found herself sitting in the car watching the house for the last fifteen minutes, Alex sill sound asleep, the chef sighed, quietly opening the door she moved around to pull open Alex's leaning down to gently lift her into her arms.

A mumble came from her tired lips. "Love you." As she wrapped her arms around her neck and buried her head under her chin.

" Yeah, yeah, I hope this isn't an insight into who is carrying who over the threshold baby if so we're both doing it. " (Y/n) whispered closing the door and carefully walking to the door, if she dropped her or slipped she wouldn't hurt her but still, she was carrying precious cargo, it may have been straight from a 1950s Stepford wife manual but the idea of having Alex carry her over the threshold after their wedding was becoming far more than a little fantasy. 

Tapping the front door with her foot (Y/n) waited until the door was thrown open and there in the doorway was a very worried looking Eliza, a sigh of relief escaping her when she saw her daughter passed out asleep in (Y/n)'s arms. 

"She's asleep." (Y/n) whispered. 

"Is she drunk?" 

(Y/n) shook her head, feeling the warmth of her against her, a smile inevitably crossed her mouth and she had no way of stopping it, she wasn't happy, how could she when Alex felt so awful but having her so near, so vulnerable for a change it made (Y/n) seem like she was needed, there weren't many times in her life she had ever truly felt needed, and maybe falling in love with someone as independent as Alex had been a bad idea but at the end of the day she had no say in the matter and now she really wasn't going to protest it. "Gosh no, Alex is just exhausted, too much happened today, she's a bit like a frightened child right now, I'm going to put her in bed I think she needs the rest." (Y/n) smiled at the older woman carefully maneuvering her way past her and heading towards their bedroom, moving the covers and easing Alex inside. 

Standing back she took in her state of dress, slowly she pulled off her shoes and pants without any hassle, as she carefully discarded with her jacket which took much more time. 

Folding up her clothes she piled them neatly on the desk, then turned back to the sleeping woman to place a soft kiss on her forehead she closed the door behind her and took a deep breath, one thing she was certain of now, seeing Alex in any kind of pain or so utterly sad was something she never wanted to happen very often, watching her cry was just heartbreaking, Alex was always so strong and capable, she always knew what to do, this time it seemed things were different and (Y/n) could not blame her. 

"Is she okay?" Kara asked quietly, opening her bedroom door she had been waiting for them to return. 

(Y/n) nodded sadly. "Physically yeah, she is, she's just really tired, but emotionally she really isn't Kara, she feels like her father betrayed her and her mother lied to her."