The Mother

Alex lounged out on her couch, her favorite movie on the tv and a glass of whiskey on the table in front of her, (Y/n)'s shoes stood next to it, she should move them but she liked seeing them there.

They reminded her that (Y/n) when she finished work was coming home, to her.

Their home.

A big smile appeared on her face as she thought of it, such a simple thing yet she felt the excitement.

She had moved in five days ago and although they were still a little shaky on things like chores they were doing really well.

She felt like the luckiest woman in the world.

She felt her phone buzz in her pocket, she pulled it out and saw a message from (Y/n), she occasionally sent short sweet little messages to her as she worked it was her way of saying she would rather be with her and if she couldn't she was thinking of her.

Alex smiled and typed her reply putting her phone on the table when she had finished.

The whole place seemed warmer with (Y/n) around like she made the apartment breath again.

Only two hours until her shift ended.

Knock, Knock.

"Please let that be (Y/n) home early with a sexy surprise." She laughed as she rose to her feet and made her way to the door.

" Yes. "

A woman stood on the other side her eyes darting around her anxiously.

"I'm looking for (Y/n) (L/n)'s apartment." She said.

"Yes, she lives here." Alex nodded.

"Oh, you must be her roommate then." The woman supplied making Alex's eyes widen in shock.

" Roommate! " What the hell is (Y/n) telling people?

"I wanted to see her, is she available." Her hands crossed in front of her nervously.

Alex frowned.

"No, she is at work right now."

"Oh I see, err well I'll come back when she is home." She turned to walk away.

"Wait who should I say called?" Alex called out.

The woman turned back around.

"Tell her Kharys called, she will know who I am."

With that she walked away, Alex watched her leave before she closed her door, puzzled why did she think she was (Y/n)'s, roommate?

Is that what she is telling people?

She dismissed the idea all her work colleagues knew they were dating she wasn't ashamed of people knowing she was dating a woman. so it made no sense that she would feel embarrassed about living with her.

So who is that woman?

She would have to wait until (Y/n) returned home to find out.

She sighed and sat back down hoping the time would go by quickly.

xxx

(Y/n) opened the front door with a sigh of relief.

Throwing her shoes to the side she sighed in bliss at the freedom her feet were feeling after so long stood up wearing those damn shoes.

Just like prisons for my feet. She chuckled.