The Stepmom

"Close your mouth (Y/n) you are not a common codfish."

This was it, officially this was the worst month of her entire life, dumped by Alex, made to watch as she played house with her ex and now her father had gone and shackled himself to the wicked witch of the universe.

"Dad, what the hell have you done?"

" I decided to jump back in the commitment pool. " He smiled turning to the shorter woman next to him.

(Y/n) felt her stomach turn.

"I need to sit down."

" You are overreacting. "

"Dad, are you crazy Cat Grant, of all the women in the world you choose Cat Grant were you high or something?"

" That is enough (Y/n). "

"Oh come on Dad you were the one who taught me to distrust government the feds, and here you are married to the mouthpiece of the freaking president!"

"A unique way to describe what I do (Y/n) dear. "

"Your mouth is big enough."

" But it will never match the size of your attitude I see, you haven't changed, can we order now (Y/f/n)? "

"Listen to me you crazy old goat it's been one hell of a shitty month, this is my restaurant and I say who is welcome here and you most certainly are not."

Cat stared at the red-faced younger woman, a tranquil expression on her face.

"I don't know which I care less for old or goat."

" Take your pick, I can make up some others if you like. "

"I've thrown Morgan Edge out of here don't think I wouldn't do that to you."

Her father groaned burying his head in his hands for a time, he hadn't expected this meeting to go this badly, but damn it, it was an absolute disaster.

"Edge is a goldfish I, my dear am a Shark."

"More like those really ugly things with goofy teeth and wonky eyes that live in the deepest darkest depths of the ocean." ( Y/n) folded her arms in protest.

"Such a wonderful education you had yet your descriptive is terrible."

" Such an expensive botox doctor yet I can still see your wrinkles, Ms. Grant! "

"How dare you my skin is naturally youthful, isn't that right ( Y/f/n)?"

" What oh yeah all natural you should see her butt. "

"Oh. .. my... God!" ( Y/n) took a deep breath not because she wanted to or even needed to her body took the decision right out of her hands. "I did not hear that I did not just hear my father tell me about a woman's behind."

"I'm a little shocked to my dear." Cat smiled at the man next to her. "That should definitely stay in the bedroom, or maybe the sofa."

(Y/n) let out a loud pained moan.

"This must be child abuse, Dad please tell me this is a joke, one big huge joke that we can all laugh about and then she can leave and you can tell me what you really came here to tell me."

" Sorry (Y/n) this is the truth, but I wanted to tell you also that we're moving back and I will be taking a job at the National City police department. "

"You are leaving Metropolis to be with a woman who lives in Washington D.C." what was the point in that? The chef screwed her face up in confusion.