The Kiss

A hand gently shook (Y/n) awake, she'd fallen asleep on the chair, the shock and worry had taken its toll and she'd fallen asleep without realizing it.

"What." (Y/n) jumped up with alarm to find Diana stood above her. "Hi, I'm sorry I haven't been to see you I've err I'm kinda having a crisis right now and I really have no idea what I'm doing."

Diana smiled. "Hey it's okay I understand, your cousin explained everything to me." She looked across at Alex herself asleep inside the cell, she looked pretty peaceful considering everything.

" Oh, okay so you know. "

"Yes."

(Y/n) nodded her head. "It's ironic isn't it, I was so sure so confident about us, but look at her she doesn't even know who I am, I hate it."

Diana watched the face of the other woman wrapped now in misery and worry it was hard to see, crouching down lifting her hands in her own, her deep brown eyes peering into her sorrow filled (e/c) eyes. "Everything will be okay (Y/n) I promise."

" What if we can't find out what happened to her? " (Y/n) whispered voicing a fear out loud, she hoped it would help put her mind at ease but it hadn't.

"(Y/n) I give you my word I will make sure we find out." Diana wiped away a tear that had escaped her eye with her finger. "I promise you."

(Y/n) caught herself lost for a moment in deep soulful eyes gleaming with compassion and understanding, for a split second her mind went back in time it would be easy to close the distance and kiss her, it would be so easy to lose herself for a moment in time in her arms, she'd done it a million times before, she could do it now.

(Y/n) swallowed hard her breath catching in her chest as she was rendered motionless with indecision and temptation.

Captured in the moment everything seemed to melt away as Diana found herself held captive, leaning forward closing the distance Diana's lips softly met those of (Y/n)'s.

(Y/n) pulled her closer, trying to capture a feeling, but it seemed empty, bereft of something, she knew this empty feeling well, it was life before Alex, she'd never find that warmth, that same magic she now needed with anyone else.

She pulled away suddenly, disgust now added to her mountain of worries. "I'm sorry but your not Alex."

Diana smiled sadly. " I know. "

(Y/n) looked across at the sleeping woman, she slept soundly a small smile on her face. "Do you think she remembers me in her sleep?"

" I don't know, but (Y/n) this reminds me of something, something I haven't seen for a very long time. "

"What is it, tell me now!" (Y/n) demanded.

"A magic potion, a love potion that Aphrodite alone could create, in history the rich who wanted someone they could not have would go to Aphrodite and she would give them a vial with strict instructions on how to use it."

" What do you mean? "

"Ever wondered how Casanova got so much action (Y/n)?" Diana shrugged. " Ever wondered just why Henry VIII really divorced Katherine of Aragon, the official version is the lack of male heir but Anne Boleyn while in Paris at the royal court the French king paid homage to the Goddess of Love Aphrodite, and Anne had her sights of being Queen of England. "

(Y/n) gasped. "Holy crap no way! he broke with Rome and created a civil war like a hundred years later because of that potion?"

" Basically. "

(Y/n) shot to her feet and rushed to the cell. "What is the cure?"

" Aphrodite never made one, she claimed there was no need for heartbreak, love was wonderful she said, there was no need for a cure. " Diana said seriously.