The New Neighbor

Kneeling down Alex ruffled the soft fluffy white fur, his tail wagging hard-hitting against the door made a loud bang that echoed around the hallway, his trip to the vet had been a very successful one, (Y/n) had wanted to attend too but she had to pull out at the very last minute.

So Alex and Bear had ended up going alone.

"Hey you did well today little guy, I know someone who is going to be so proud of you." Alex cued.

A door closed and Alex suddenly realized it was the door to the apartment next to hers, it had been a while since anyone had lived there.

She saw the feet and legs first before she stood up and came face to face with the older middle-aged man, his hair white and grey, a friendly smile on his weathered line attacked face.

"On dog walking duty hey." The man chuckled. " Did you lose the coin toss or did your husband? "

Alex blinked hard, it was the first time she had encountered a situation such as this, she'd seen how Wayhaught had dealt with such a situation, but (Y/n) was nowhere in sight, what could she do?

"I'm not sure my girlfriend would be happy about being called my husband," Alex smirked.

The man gasped, his eyes widened. "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I assumed..oh goodness gracious me my only excuse is ever since my wife died I've been alone a lot and my daughters made me move to the city to be less on my own and have them near."

" It's okay, don't worry about it. " Alex shrugged, she had to fight the urge not to laugh as Bear had sat on her left foot and was now looking up at the red-faced man, his little head tilting from side to side occasionally.

"It's not alright, I can hear my wife right now telling me to stop talking, she was my filter." He said sadly.

" Hey, it's okay really my girlfriend would have laughed, I'm sure you'll meet her at some point soon and you'll see. " Alex reassured him.

"You're not going to tell her are you?" He asked mortified.

At that very moment from somewhere far down the hallway, a voice rang out singing happily as an elevator pinged and stopped.

"Sun is shining, the weather is sweet make you want to move your dancing feet, to the rescue, here I am want you to know, you all, where I stand."

The man peered over Alex's head as Alex smiled innocently, she knew that familiar voice, and she sounded deliriously happy, whenever she sang a Bob Marley tune it was when she was extremely happy.

"Monday morning, here I am want you to know just if you can, Tuesday evening where I stand!"

" Someone sounds happy. " The man pondered as just around the corner came a dancing (Y/n) looking very much like she was auditioning for the Broadway revival of Singing in the rain if the rain was a climate change induced rain shower during the blistering heat of summer.

"When the morning gatners the rainbow want you to know I'm a rainbow too so to the rescue... Oh hello, I was a little carried away." ( Y/n) jumped when she opened her eyes and saw Alex standing there with the strange man.

Awkwardly (Y/n) approached them until she stood shoulder to shoulder with Alex, the agent trying and failing not to burst out with laughter she had looked so cute.

"I was err...celebrating our holiday tomorrow." ( Y/n) shrugged her face bleached red.

The older man smiled. "I can imagine, I'm Jackson Porter I just moved in next door." He pointed behind him with his thumb.