Confronting The Past

Silence cut an awkward presence through the room Alex tried her very best to look like she wanted to be anywhere but here in her apartment watching her parents sit side by side holding each other's hand as though they had every right in the world.

Alex scowled at their hands entwined.

It was worse that they had forced (Y/n) to flee leaving her alone with them, she wanted to curl back up in bed with her and stroke her sweet soft hair and talk about their wedding, instead, she had insisted that she talk with her disloyal lying parents.

"Your girlfriend seems nice," Jeremiah said awkwardly trying to fill the awful silence.

Eliza turned to him shaking her head she knew what her daughter's reaction was going to be.

"She is my fiance we are getting married on Christmas Day," Alex said firmly.

Eliza closed her eyes as Jeremiah felt his cheeks burn red, it was a horrible thing to admit that he did not any linger know his only biological daughter, she had a whole life he knew nothing of and she wanted him to have no part of

"Your mother has been telling me about her, she sounds petty amazing." He said coyly, he could pinpoint the moment that she had come home from a visit to Alex and Kara and she had begun, then there had been a doubt in her heart about whether things would work out, after everything that had happened it was only logical that she air on the side of caution. Soon, however, Eliza had positively boomed with praise for the woman, especially when she had gotten Alex to visit her more often at the family home.

His heart ached at the thought, their family home, he'd taken it for granted even though he hadn't known he had done it. Being away for so long the home had become a symbol of paradise, he wanted that again, to make up for lost time, or at least try.

"She is," Alex replied abruptly she didn't want to discuss her sweet wife to be with the man who sat in front of her.

A small yawn echoed loudly through the room, everyone turned their gazes to the basket that sat by the side of the tv set, a small mussel opened wide as Bear yawned tiredly stretching out small paws that he rested his open jaw on.

Jeremiah smiled in his nervousness he hadn't noticed the sleeping dog. "You have a puppy."

" Yes. " Alex said strictly.

Eliza smiled as Jeremiah bent down holding his hand out to the small fluffy creature. "Hey, little guy."

Alex willed Bear to stay where he was, not to give in to curiosity and ignore the man talking to him, she held her breath sighing when the puppy betrayed her too and ran towards her father.