Gaelic Justice Pt 2

"Tell me again why we drove when I could just have flown us?" ( Y/n) asked as she stepped from the car and made her way around to Alex's side, slipping open the door before she could have a chance.

"Superwoman is being a gentleman today." Alex smiled very aware that in her suit (Y/n) was untouchable to her, it was annoying but at least she was untouchable to everyone else too.

"People in the other cars thought I was doing a cosplay." She pouted.

" I'm not flying out here (Y/n) that would have been really weird. " Alex teased spotting a moment where no one was watching she grabbed her by the arm and pulled her close to whisper in her ear. "Plus this means we get to stay in a hotel tonight and I can enjoy some alone time with you."

" Well if you put it that way I one hundred percent agree with you. "

"I thought you might."

The small town of Franklinville stood an hour outside Metropolis it was where (Y/n)'s family had held a ranch since her Grandparents had moved there as young newlyweds from Metropolis to have a easier life for their future children, hopeful that they would be safer away from the big city.

(Y/n) took in the street it hadn't changed very much since the last time she had been here despite the fact it was over a decade ago, the sound of birds still sang cheerfully and melodiously from the trees scattered around as Orange blossoms added color to a place that would have been a dull grey-beige.

"Okay?" Alex smiled seeing the play of emotion flicker across her eyes, the mask made it hard to see her reactions but Alex knew her too well to be so distracted.

" Old memories. "

"Wanna tell me?"

(Y/n) smiled her head turning to the ice cream parlor straight out of a 1950s movie. "When I was little and my Grandmother would bring me to town for supplies she'd take us in there and buy the biggest Sundae ever for us to share, the last time I remember I ate all the chocolate sauce and when she died that plagued me why had I eaten all the chocolate sauce? When she had loved it too." Her eyes shone with unshed tears as Alex felt the lump in her throat grow bigger.

" You ate it because she let you and she let you because she loved you, you made her happy. " Alex reassured her desperately wanting to hold her close to shoo away the dark cloud that had settled over her.

"I never went in there again my Grandfather went downhill after she died really fast and then he was gone and this place was resigned to the realms of memories."

" You wanna go in after we talk to the cops? "

"Yeah, sure Superwoman will go for an ice cream." She laughed.

" I bet your Grandmother never imagined you would turn up one day a superhero. " Alex finally gave in to the urge to touch her, rubbing her arm gently.

"I don't think she ever would have, probably more crazy for her would be strolling into town with a hot federal Agent on my heels."

" Stop flirting with me you, come on let's go and see what happened. " Together they turned towards the station as a child it had seemed like the big bad house in the town only bad guys came in here and scary huge cops came out, going in as Superwoman seemed to be the little girl in her sticking her two fingers up at them, she wasn't scared anymore.

"OMG Superwoman!" The policewoman at the desk squealed in delight, (Y/n) smiled happy word of her name had spread. "This is amazing last month I saw Superman flying over the town now you are actually here!"

" He does get about. "

Alex sighed she didn't like the way the woman was looking at her girlfriend, she flashed her badge to her. "Agent Danvers."