Dinner And A Suit

"(Y/n) dear, can you please wipe that sour look off your face and let us all enjoy the dinner." The older woman looked at her as though she was a petulant teenager.

"This isn't food." (Y/n) winced at the measly offering that was on display she looked over at her new step-brother, such a strange thing to have now a sibling, how did she react to him? he didn't look pleased with what he had been given.

"This is all good for you, no saturated fats, no calories."

"No taste."

"(f/n)." Cat sighed at her husband who was trying his best to try and eat the food and enjoy it at the same time.

"What, oh yeah (Y/n) eat what your stepmother has made for you."

"You made this?" She screwed her face up in distaste, cautiously sniffing the plate to see if she had poisoned it.

"Grow up (Y/n) Carter is younger than you and he is being perfectly mature."

"Carter is stuck with this stuff, I'm used to tasting."

"My daughter is a great food genius." Her father said proudly. "She tends to take it for granted that she possesses such a skill and others do not."

Both women frowned at him for very different reasons.

"Are you calling me a food snob?" (Y/n) glared at her father.

"Are you saying I cannot cook?"

(Y/n) laughed. "Boom nice one Dad you just walked into the upset the wife trap." She turned to the young boy sat next to her. "This is a great lesson for you on how not to react when you have a wife one day."

"I don't want a wife." He screwed his face up.

"See this guy talks sense, who the hell wants a wife?" She aimed her sarcastic question at her father and watched him flounder for a reason. "You can't think of one, Jeez Dad you are in so much crap."

"Watch your language around the dinner table."

"Are you kidding me I saw you on TV today you said ass twice."

"Oh, Cat you didn't." Her father groaned.

"She did it was so cool." The boy bounced up and down in his chair, (Y/n) had to stop herself from laughing at his display.

"See she did."

"Is this how all our family dinners will be?" The woman sighed.

"If this is what we will get every time then yes, I could have been on a date right now with this totally hot blonde, OMG you should have seen her killer boo..."

"(Y/n) Carter is present!"

"Sorry." She turned towards him. "I will make you something nice after this to apologize."

Cat watched the woman who had become her step-daughter, she knew she disliked her and Cat wasn't her biggest fan either but what she respected was she hadn't taken that out on her son, she could easily have been filled with hate and disdain but with Carter she was all smiles and funny one-liners, trying to make him feel at home, she was absolutely charming it was no wonder the boy hard warmed to her so quickly.

"Fine leave the damn salad, go and order what you want!"

Everyone including (F/n) leaped happily to their feet.

"You're the best Mom!"

"Yeah, babe." (Y/n) cringed as she watched her father plant a sloppy kiss on the woman's lips.