Just The Two Of Us

The loud bang of the door closing made both women jump, suddenly realizing that they were all alone in a small apartment, no one to interrupt them, no one to ruin anything just them together. For the first time ever and (y/n) would have been lying if she said she wasn't as nervous as hell.

"So." Alex, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck with her hand, ( y/n) cracked a slight smile. She is cute when she's nervous.

"So why are you late?" ( e/c) eyes stared curiously at the woman.

"Well firstly I thought Kara would be a good choice to help me choose what to wear, she wasn't, then when I actually decided on something the whole city decided to grind to stop when some detainees at the local prison escaped." She rubbed her temples to rid herself of the ache that was growing.

"So you spent our date chasing these runaways? "

"Err yeah I'm so sorry but I really couldn't help it." The brunette woman was silently praying she wouldn't get angry again.

It was then that (y/n) took a good look at the woman, she looked tired her hand pressed against her head, stress lines worried her brow.

(y/n) sighed at the sight. "Alex you didn't have to come you look exhausted."

"Then I would have lost my last chance." Her voice was small, almost as soft as a whisper as though she feared to say it out loud in case it came true.

"We haven't been lucky have we?" ( y/n) laughed.

Alex's face flushed red as she shook her head.

"Come on if you insist on this then the least you can do is not collapse on me, go and sit down I will get us a drink what do you want? Though I will warn you, I have a rather good Scotch that I keep for when my Father visits." ( y/n) smiled mischievously. "Its how I break bad news to him."

Alex walked over to the sofa and made herself comfortable while (y/n) disappeared to the kitchen, only to return five minutes later to find Alex asleep her head thrown back against the back of the sofa her arms spread out either side of her, she had fallen asleep as she had sat down.

Smiling she quietly put the glass of scotch on the small table along with her glass of wine and taking the blanket from the back of the couch put it over the woman, pressed a soft kiss to her forehead and snuggled into her, closing her eyes until sleep came for her too.

                                                                                              xxxx

"No Daddy I know."

Opening her eyes Alex took in her surroundings for a moment lost for an idea of where she was until the soft feminine voice came from somewhere in the room.

"I know I shouldn't have a stranger stay overnight in my apartment, but she's not a stranger."

Alex smiled leaning her head back against the couch, a feeling of warming happiness settling in.

"No, I said she was an agent Dad not a cop."

"I know you always said to avoid them, they are no good."

Alex frowned was the father trying to ruin what she had fought so hard to have? She was worried now, anxiously she listened for more.

"Daddy please you are annoying me I'm not going to take advice on dating from you of all people."

"Well, the last date you had she began talking to the cactus as though it was her long lost friend."

Alex quirked a smile at the chef's exasperated tone.

"There is no way you are meeting her, I want to keep her around, Dad, not scare her off!"

Alex raised an eyebrow in interest. She wants to keep me around. Resisting the urge to get up and do a happy dance on the table she settled for a simple pump of her fist.

"You made Alessandro cry, Dad.......I know most men wouldn't cry if you criticized his tomato sauce.....I know you didn't like him.......yes you were right........but"

Was he never going to get off the phone? Alex turned her head to the clock she had been asleep only a short time. There is still time to get to know her better if he gets off the phone.

"Yeah but Dad you haven't met her she is....she is like no one I've met."
(y/n) hushed her tone so she whispered down the phone to her father but Alex heard it, she couldn't help the swell of pride that erupted from her at the woman's words.

"Yes I know to be careful....no I won't get my heart broken.....yes I know........no....yes.....okay Daddy goodnight I love you too."

The sigh when she put the phone down was very loud, (y/n) had been so busy talking to her father she had not realized Alex had awoken and was watching her. Conrad (l/n) was a nightmare sometimes, but at least he cared that was what she consoled herself with.

Turning around she finally spotted the woman, her eyes awake a look of mirth in her eyes, along with something else that could definitely not be confused with sleep. Oh, shit she heard.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep."

(y/n) smiled and walked towards the blushing woman.

"Don't worry, I may have fallen asleep too till my father called."

"The detective who knows Superman?" Alex smiled causing (y/n) to roll her eyes.

"Trust you to remember that." Stepping over Alex's legs she sat down on the couch next to her, a safe distance between them.

"Yes he is a detective, and yes he knows Superman. "

"When I was a little younger I had a little crush on him." (y/n) confessed.

"Did you really and what about now?" Alex moved a little closer.

"Well, now there is someone I'm interested in." ( y/n) shrugged.

"And who is that?"

"I don't know if I should say she has this habit of arresting innocent people." Alex threw her head back and laughed.

"I had a feeling you enjoyed it." (y/n) coughed.

"So that is why you arrested me, you just wanted a kinky trip."

Alex had edged closer until there was no space between them at all, she could feel the heat from her smell her sweet scent. (y/n) closed her eyes against the feel of Alex's finger gently twirling strands of her hair.

"So do I get a second date?" Alex whispered her face now only inches from ( y/n)'s her breath gently fanning her cheek causing the chef to shiver at her nearness.

"Yes, a second date but you have to warn any runaway criminals if anything interrupts us again I may just kill them." ( y/n) breathed huskily, moving forward slightly to connect her lips to the brunette releasing a small moan when she deepened the kiss.

(y/n) had come to realize very quickly that kissing Alex Danvers was now her favorite thing.