Cruel Intentions

"So then he just shot out up into the air like a freaking seagull on speed." (Y/n) bounced happily up and down in front of Alex, who stood watching as (Y/n) and Kara stood before her looking way too happy with themselves, they'd even just high fived each other.

Still wearing their Super suits they looked like two immature teenagers at comic con.

"Okay you two are acting like immature frat boys right now, you actually did this to someone?"

" Yeah, some fake who had some dark scheme going on, so we did our jobs and protected earth. " (Y/n) shrugged.

Alex just stared at her, ever since she'd returned from the Phantom Zone there had been a strange coldness about her like she was a raging cauldron just ready to implode, sometimes it was so obvious like this moment and others it was slightly hidden but she still saw it. "I can't believe you did that and that you agreed, Kara."

" Oh, she did more than agree she launched it. "

Kara nodded, it had been rather gratifying to actually watch him propelled up into the distant stars, a happy relief that she would never see him again.

Alex sighed, "You are so lucky that no one is around for him to care or miss him, so stop celebrating and get ready my Mom will be here at any moment and I'd rather not have her know what you two buttheads have done."

" Buttheads, we were totally badass Alex. " (Y/n) defended themselves.

"Yeah." Kara continued.

Knock, knock.

"Now it's too late." Alex sighed she really didn't care about the fake Mon-el nor that her mother would see them in their suits, that really wasn't a new thing at all, it was something else.

Kara headed to the door opening it to find Eliza on the other side, her eyes drifting around the room behind Kara until they landed on (Y/n), in the week since she'd returned she'd managed to avoid seeing Alex's mother.

(Y/n) rubbed the back of her neck shyly, the thought of seeing the sweet woman again scared her, especially when her mind was still full of all the awful things she had done.

Part of her had hoped she would give up and go back home to Midvale, but she hadn't and now she had to deal with putting off the moment.

"(Y/n)!" The woman smiled happily running past Kara and Alex ignoring them as she raced towards the still woman wrapping her arms around her, Eliza ignored the ridged woman and held her anyway wanting to protect her from the horrors she'd faced alone.

Being in her mother's cold hateful presence for far too long she'd began to hate the word mother, but Eliza wasn't like Kharys, Eliza cared, she cared so much she'd raised an alien child as her own even though many would have run a million miles away.

Kara and Alex exchanged an awkward glance, just about ready to jump in, when Alex spotted the wet tear that fell from (Y/n)'s eye as she threw her arms around the slightly shorter woman, the first maternal embrace she had received in a very long time, so long she couldn't remember.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Eliza cupped her hands over (Y/n)'s cheeks she'd seen how devastated her daughter had been, she'd had to watch her fall apart and try desperately to hold it together so she could continue instead of falling apart like she had wanted to do. It had been a long time since she'd had to see her daughter cry herself to sleep.

(Y/n) nodded a small smile on her face. "I'm okay."

" Is Alex looking after you? "

"Mom," Alex complained.