Boogie Nights

Sara sank down into her chair with a bored sigh, karaoke was turning out to be utterly boring she realized she needed to instruct these boring kids in how to have fun.

Her eyes trailed across to (Y/n) who was slouched in her chair looking like a sulky teenager, her long (h/c) hair hanging over the side of her face and draped across the edge of the table, her chin resting on her hand.

Lena's eyes were glued to the woman on stage who in a remarkable show unlike her normally shy almost repressed self now danced with lively enthusiasm.

The blonde woman sighed looking to the empty spot where Sam had sat, she'd had to go home earlier, that must be one of the problems with being a parent your life was never really your own anymore.

"Right, that is it!" Sara jumped to her feet startling everyone around her, even Alex was brought out of her quiet contemplation.

" What's up with you? " (Y/n) asked stretching out her arms wide almost hitting Lena in the face. "Sorry."

" This is the most boring night of my life. "

"Thank God someone said it." ( Y/n) declared loudly.

"We're going to a club and leaving this barrel of boredom behind us." Sara declared firmly her hands sat on her hips leaving no room for debate.

" Yes! " Lena animated with life, she'd found out that karaoke really was as dull as she believed it had been, she'd gone along with it because Kara had suggested it, she turned to (Y/n) with a determined stare. "You are coming too!"

" Huh. "

"You were right, this is dull we need to do something fun let's go and relive our glory days."

" Lena you make us sound like we're ancient, reliving glory days we aren't in a chick flick from the 1990s you know about two stale and boring housewives suddenly cutting free the shackles of their lives. " (Y/n) cringed.

"We are going, and we're going to have fun remember, we're going to wash the Danvers sisters out of our hair "

(Y/n) felt the burning stare of Alex boring into the side of her head. "Firstly that's a song and I'm fighting the urge to burst into it right now and secondly they were your words, not mine." She turned to face Alex then a small self-satisfied smile on her face, it didn't pacify Alex her eyes remained locked on unimpressed. "I really didn't say it."

" Forget it come on let's go! " Lena pulled the chef up by her arm as she protested.

"I have an early start tomorrow I have to be at the restaurant for my monthly meeting with Cat, I can't be late she will freak."

" Lucky then that you are her stepdaughter and have influence. " Sara smiled smugly taking her place behind the two retreating women.

"What's happening?" Kara asked as she chose that moment to return.

" It seems Sara and Lena are dragging (Y/n) to a club. "

"What, we should go too." Kara insisted.

"You in a club?" Alex asked far more pleased than she was supposed to be, she didn't want to leave her girlfriend, not now, and maybe in a club, they could find some dark hidden part where they could actually be together.

"Err sure why not."

xxx

The club was dimly lit occasionally lit by multicolored lights that flashed through randomly setting the whole place alight with vibrant quick color.