Moonlight Surrenders

The soft yellow shadow cast across the glittering dark blue water, above like an overbearing mentor lending it's light to set the ocean alight with magic the moon stood splendidly in the dark night sky a blanket of bright stars were mere minor co-stars in the moon's great blockbuster.

(Y/n) smiled bigger as she leaned her head onto Alex's shoulder. "Did you order the scene especially for me?" She sighed happily, her eyes searching the far distant line where the sea and the sky met. 

Alex chuckled. "I can't take credit for that I'm sorry, but you know I'd take the credit if you are willing to give out rewards." The recollection of the night they had made love under the stars as they waited for the blood moon to appear flooded her mind. 

After they'd returned from the tree bar, in the right direction this time they'd headed to the beach just outside their beach house, the small yellow grains of sand tickled and irritated the bare skin on her leg, but she wasn't going to get up, she wasn't going to leave and ruin the perfect night they had stumbled upon.

"You can get all the rewards you want sexy pants, you get them just for being you." She felt Alex shift and lifted her head in time to find Alex's eyes watching her, small dots of light lit up the dark mysterious depths of her eyes.

Her heart beat faster within her chest, the feeling of having her breath robbed of her became overwhelming, lifting her hand to Alex's face she let the tips of her fingers trace the soft planes of her face, following the path of the line that sat just beside her mouth, running her finger along her bottom lip lovingly.

The soft touch was innocent yet behind her touch an intensify lay, one slight touch felt like her whole heart followed, Alex swallowed past the lump in her throat. "How do you always do that?" She whispered.

" Do what? "

"Make me feel like I'm the most important person in the world."

(Y/n) smiled lightly, replacing her finger with her lips, pressing a long soft kiss. "Because you are." She kissed her again. " I know I'm not the easiest of people to be with, but there is not one moment where I take you for granted, I know very well how lucky I am that you even gave me a second glance. " Alex opened her mouth to protest but (Y/n) pressed her finger to her soft warm lips. "Shush, let me finish I still don't know why you are so special I suspect it's everything about you, how strong you are, brave, so smart, so....just so everything."

" (Y/n). "

"Please, let me finish we've been through so much, more than most couples do in a lifetime, and I know you worried we would fail, but the way I feel about you I've never ever experienced before, I didn't know I was capable of it, but to my delight I am and it's you I fell in love with, because I do love you, Alex, with everything that I am, so I guess what I'm saying after this long ass speech is Alex, my beautiful badass will you marry me?"

Alex blinked hard unsure she had heard what she had actually heard, Kara had said it was too soon (Y/n) would say no.

(Y/n) held her breath she'd not planned on saying it but under the vast open magical night sky and Alex looking so wonderful, she had just come out with it, and the more time Alex stood just staring at her saying nothing the more awkward and nervous she became.

Her lip quivered. "Hey you know just forget about it, I probably got too drunk on the moon, that can happen, right? well, your the scientist so you would know but I read people go crazy during full moons, it's probably way worse for Kryptonians, that's probably what happened that one night when Kara didn't eat the last slice of pizza." Jumping to her feet she swiftly fled the scene of her embarrassment never happier to have super speed.