Eliza

(Y/n) felt her face pale, sweat piled in the bunched up palms of her hands as she stared nervously at the older woman, her mind darting towards crazed, she had not prepared herself for this meeting today, she doubted she could even speak coherently.

Alex jumped up from the sofa her own face was just as nervous, she stood next to her, her arm proudly and protectively around her. "Mom this is (Y/n)."

" Hi. " Her voice was small and weak.

Kara happily jumped onto the sofa next to her adoptive mother, a smile on her face as she ate the cookies she had just gotten from Alex's kitchen. "She is usually way more vocal than that, yesterday she made me eat my vegetables."

Eliza turned to her with a face that resembled respect. "Wow, you really managed that?"

(Y/n)'s face flamed red. "Well, I bribed her with homemade potstickers."

" Kara's one true love. " Eliza smirked.

Nope Kara's one true love is Lena she is just too cowardly to admit it. (Y/n)'s mind was twirling around.

The older woman patted the empty seat next to her a warm smile on her face. "Come and sit next to me (Y/n) Kara told me how you met my daughter but I want to hear the whole brutal truth, did she really arrest you?"

" Mom, please. " Alex groaned she didn't need to go over that story again, the chef smiled and took the seat she offered.

"She did arrest me." She confirmed feeling still anxious but slightly more at ease under her motherly gaze.

" She always was a hot-headed. "

Yep, she is pretty hot.

"Mom please she does not need to go over this again." Alex pleaded sitting on the table opposite them.

(Y/n) smirked at her. "I refused all her wooing tactics."

Alex gasped in mock outrage. "How dare you I have never wooed anyone in my life."

" Exactly why it didn't work. "

"Lena and I got them together." Kara smiled triumphantly watching her sister sweat was turning out to be quite entertaining.

"What she means Mom is she and Lena were gossiping and trading stories to tell us about each other." Alex corrected.

Eliza turned to (Y/n) she'd been here before meeting Alex's girlfriend, that had ended badly in the end when she thought the two would be together forever, maybe this new love should be tested. "(Y/n) I have by chance brought along some of Alex's pictures from when she was a child."

She watched her (e/c) eyes widen as she jumped up and down excitedly. "You came armed with baby pics."

Alex groaned her head buried in her hands. "Mom (Y/n) really doesn't need to see nerdy me."

"Of course she does Alex. " Her mother said reassuringly pulling out the pictures from her bag and moving closer to (Y/n) to show her, Kara popping her head on her shoulder to watch the slideshow Alex was dreading.

The pile of photos was vast almost never-ending but each one her girlfriend met with an enchanting smile, her eyes shining over with tears at many moments.

"This is Alex and Kara when we went to the water park and Kara accidentally made the popcorn machine explode."

" How can you accidentally make something explode? " (Y/n) asked shocked.

Alex shook her head. "Yeah, Kara how did you accidentally do that?" She'd always believed she had made the machine blow up so she didn't have to share the popcorn with her.