Cousins Meet

"Let's go to my grandparent's ranch." ( Y/n) suddenly announced.

"Are you crazy me on a horse," Lena remembered the last visit she took there she'd ended up falling on her backside.

"Come on let's get away from the city."

" It's only been a few hours since you broke up maybe you are mistaken maybe Alex isn't back with Maggie Sawyer. "

(Y/n) sighed holding the warm cup tighter in her hands as she pulled her legs further up towards her.

"No she has I can feel it, rebounds never work we know that right, I did tell you."

" I know, I wish I never made you go out with her in the beginning. "

"It's not your fault, I'm a big girl I should have listened to my instinct, besides they never stick around for long they always leave." She whispered her throat feeling too dry.

Just like my Mother.

" You put the necklace back on. " She'd wanted to mention it before but didn't want to upset her a lot had happened today, she hadn't begun to process the being shot at part.

"Yeah, I...I just didn't like being treated like a freak back there, she turned to me Lee and said with the most hatred in her eyes What are you? If I'm lucky I can go back to normal and pretend these few months never happened. "

" It's okay (Y/n) your not a freak, and if you are then so am I. " Lena smiled warmly at her.

"What would I do without you?"

" You would be very bored and not have anyone to gossip about their love life. "

"Damn life would be dull."

" I know. "

Knock, knock.

"I'll go see who it is."

" Do you think it's Alex? " (Y/n) said suddenly there was hope shining brightly in her eyes.

Lena felt her heartbreak for her friend.

Damn you, Alex Danvers!

                                                                                              xxx

Kara shifted nervously from foot to foot, she'd debated whether to turn up as Kara Danvers or as Supergirl, but then she'd realized (Y/n) didn't know Kara Danvers was Supergirl, she decided on Supergirl.

She'd never been this nervous before, which was stupid because she knew (Y/n) but she didn't know her as blood, her kin, her family.

After what felt like a lifetime the door swung open and Lena stood on the other side her hard glare soon transformed into her usual soft, shy smile.

"Hi Supergirl, what do we owe the pleasure of this visit?"

" I..err talked to Kara Danvers. "

"Oh."

" So....is she here? "

"Who Kara?"

" No (Y/n) "

"Err she is here but I'm not certain that she wants to see you."

"Oh, I kinda hoped..." She trailed off feeling a huge disappointment nestle itself on her shoulders.

Lena sighed. "Come in as long as your not here to do the same as her ex did to her today."

" I just want to see her. "