Karaoke Dreaming

"You can't make me do it!" (Y/n) groaned out as she tried to stamp her feet into the ground to stop her progress across the room and towards the dreaded stage.

"Yes, you are," Kara told her, using both hands to push against her back, struggling to make her move, why would her cousin not willingly participate in the wonder that was Karaoke without physical coercion? "And yes I am making you!"

"I'm not and if you make me that's it you are out of the family, no more pies for you." (Y/n) promised.

Kara laughed. "You've never made me a pie."

"Well, you've ruined any chance you had of getting one now." ( Y/n) grunted stubbornly refusing to budge, she was not going to sing, no one was going to make her sing and that was an end to it.

"I can get my own, move it grumpy."

" No way! Alex, Alex help me. " (Y/n) called out turning her head to the table Kara had just dragged her from, there Alex sat oddly her head in her hands as though she were trying to pretend she had no idea who they were, next to her sat Sara and Sam both trying their best not to burst into fits of laughter. When it became obvious that Alex was not going to come to her rescue (Y/n) let out a frustrated huff. "Fine! I give up."

Kara chuckled a bright smile on her face as she pointed toward the stage. "There you go, your stage awaits."

(Y/n) frowned. "You are out of the family, I'm making a decree."

" Oh come on you love me too much. " Kara smiled brighter, risking giving the frowning woman a big hug before running back to their table, Lena shifting over a little to sit closer to her.

"You're all out of the family, and you Alex Danvers if I didn't want the cake so much I'd totally leave you for Stephanie Beatriz!" ( Y/n) said sternly her hands planted on her hips.

Lena laughed cupping her hands over her mouth she shouted out. "She's married!"

" Don't you start, I'll take my second celebrity pass, Rosario Dawson and shut up Sara, you are getting up there too tonight! It's Like A Virgin for you! " (Y/n) said before turning away from her family, friends and supposedly the woman who was in love with her, yet wouldn't save her from having to sing karaoke.

Sara laughed throwing her head back. "She really hates you, Alex, you are in so much shit when you get home." 

" Oh don't worry Alex has some moves to win her around. " Lena winked at her, (Y/n) was never openly vocal on their sex life, but she knew a little and that was enough to know Alex could get her way out of anything.

"Oh yeah, care to give the rest of us mortals some tips Alex," Sara smirked teasing her former love rival, her blue eyes twinkling under the reflection of the light from the stage.

Alex rolled her eyes. "If you can't satisfy Sam that's your fault and she has my deepest sympathies I'm not giving away my secrets."

The table erupted into laughter even Kara although her cheeks blushed a light red, Sam tapped her girlfriend's knee to reassure her when she turned to see her pout a little, things were still going slow between them, she hadn't introduced her to Ruby yet but she was being extra cautious.

They watched as (Y/n) reluctantly stepped onto the stage a look of total resentment on her face as she stared at them. Finally, after she felt she had delivered her message she turned towards the tv screen and waited, trying to ignore the eyes of everyone on her.

"What, you can't give me that, how am I going to sing a Tina song? The woman was born with soul in her vocals and I was born with Soup!" She complained.