Hidden Charms

Alex slithered through the door biting her bottom lip, she'd been way longer than she had told (Y/n) she would be, there had been a problem with a prisoner they were holding, turns
out he had been innocent, who knew dark green aliens with two noses could have identical evil twins.

"Babe I'm so sorry I'm late I...." Her eyes grew wide as she took in the scene before her, the table dressed with places set for two over a cute flowery tablecloth, two long candlesticks stood proudly in the center lit up as the rest of the room's light was dimmed. "Wow, okay someone's been busy."

The smell of delicious food tantalized her taste buds as she heard the deep roaring rumble of her stomach.

The bathroom door opened suddenly and in breezed (Y/n), Alex's eyes popped open, her mouth agape as (Y/n) in a short dark blue tight fitted dress, her hair pulled up high above her head letting some pieces fall down in spiral cascades.

"Hey Alex you are back, Bear has been an absolute dickhead today you have no idea, he has driven me crazy and nearly killed Mr. Porter when he stopped by."

" What. " Alex whispered distractedly.

(Y/n) suddenly saw where her eyes were trained, pursing her lips and pressing her hands to her hips she raised an eyebrow. "Have you finished?"

"What, no I was listening, I swear..."

" You had your eyes in my cleavage. " The chef challenged.

Alex smiled swooping into her and pulling her close. "I was admiring my fiance, am I not allowed to do that?"

"So you brazenly admit it." (Y/n) pushed herself closer, pressing her heavy bust against Alex's chest. "You know Agent Danvers I'd much rather you touch than just look." Her voice thick with sweet velvety honey.

"Well I will gladly take you up on your desires future Mrs. Danvers but first I really need to eat, it feels like I haven't eaten in hours."

"Keeping me waiting, you better make it worth my while hotshot." (Y/n) warned with a smile. 

Alex smirked, leaning in to press her lips to (Y/n)'s aiming for a quick brief kiss, but (Y/n) wrapped her arms around her neck and held her captive. "I missed you." (Y/n) whispered against her lips delighting in the feel of Alex against her, she knew it ha been only a few hours but it had felt like a lifetime away from her.

" I missed you too, let me go and wash up and I'll be right back. "

Reluctantly (Y/n) let her go following her progress to the bathroom, shaking herself out of her dreamy malaise heading to get the food ready for when Alex returned.

                                                                                          xxx

"I can't believe you did all of this." Alex motioned to the table, the perfect looking plates of food, that looked and smelled far too good to eat. " I never knew duck went with pomegranate. "

(Y/n) smiled brightly. "Of course, it's a classic combination when I was training in Paris this was one of the first dishes I ever was taught to make."

" By your ex who was also your boss. " Alex asked a touch of sarcasm in her voice.

"Hello, Ms. jealous it's you I'm marrying isn't it?"

Alex's mouth turned up slightly at the corner in a smirk. "It is, I still can't believe it's actually happening, I had to pinch myself twice today to make sure I wasn't dreaming."

" Not dreaming baby, it's you and me forever. " (Y/n) smiled, picking up her fork swirling it around for a long moment, chewing her bottom lip. "Alex."