Love And Acceptance

"What's the matter don't you like hearing the truth?" Maggie followed (Y/n) to the door she wasn't nearly done, she needed to get through the truth to her, it would be easier to convince Alex if (Y/n) left of her own accord. 

"I like the truth, but there's something about the stench of bullshit that puts me off and you are positively reeking of it." (Y/n) countered. 

" I was her first I'm always going to be her number one. "

(Y/n) creased her forehead trying to make some sense from the idiotic statement she'd just heard. "I'm fairly certain you weren't her first some guy was."

" I'm not talking about guys and you know it. "

"If you are naive enough to think that is how life works then I feel sorry for you, it doesn't I'm sorry to have to break it to you."

"We'll see," Maggie warned her arms crossing over her chest as she looked up at the superhero, she even beat her with height. Was there nothing she didn't win?

" We won't because. " She looked around lowering her voice as she moved in closer. "I love that woman in a way you could never comprehend, you had your chance and you blew it I'm not so stupid I'm not about to let her go so easily."

The detective raged with anger as her heated gaze trained on the suited woman, her (e/c) eyes even more vibrant behind the mask, her natural plump red lips split into a smug smirk. She hated her right at this moment more than she had ever done.

Alex was hers, end of story (Y/n) could celebrate now but she would win the war.

"And if she had not been kidnapped by your mother, and she'd have aged as a human would you still want her, want her when her skin began to sag and wrinkle, when the grey in her hair began to show itself, when time was against her, can you honestly say you wouldn't have looked elsewhere, for someone younger." Maggie challenged.

(Y/n) flashed anger eyes. "You know nothing about me, Detective Sawyer, nothing at all and yet you judge me, I can say in all honesty I would want her, I would have loved her just as much, I faced the knowledge I would have to watch her die and have to live the rest of my life without her so don't you dare ever tell me I wouldn't want her!"

" Fancy words to say now when the deed is already done. " Maggie bit back.

Neither women saw who stood just beyond the door, she'd been listening to their argument for a short while, as soon as J'onn had told her he'd put (Y/n) on the case with Maggie she'd rushed to the police station to be confronted with what she had feared.

Alex flew open the door finally, the two women turned to face her startled, Maggie her eyes wide as Alex glared disappointingly at her.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" (Y/n) asked.

"I came when I heard J'onn paired you together."

" Don't worry I haven't killed her yet. " Maggie smiled smugly making (Y/n) growl.

Alex shook her head sadly, she turned towards her girlfriend. "Can you leave us for a moment?"

" But wait... "

"Please."

Maggie looked at the caped woman smugly as she walked away. "You don't need excuses to spend time with me Alex just dump the third wheel and come back."

" Maggie I used to think you were so sweet and kind, I thought I loved you and was happy to spend my life with you, I was wrong. "

"What."

Alex braced her hands on her hips. "You already know this especially after that day in my lab, but I love (Y/n) like I've never loved anyone in my life, I'm sorry you feel the need to criticise and bring her down, fortunately, she has more class than you and would never do that to anyone, I think back now to when we got back together she never even did it then." Alex smiled sadly. "She builds people up and genuinely wants the best for them, next time instead of finding all her invisible flaws take a real look and you'll find why I love her so much."