A New Super

"So do you like my new office?" He asked smiling widely spinning around proud of the large office they had assigned him in the transfer.

"It looks cool Dad."

"Cool (Y/n) they are treating me like I'm a King, it's going to get annoying but yeah well I'll enjoy it while I can."

(Y/n) looked at the pictures he had on his desk, the one of her while she was in Rome last year, the sun had been sweltering hot and she had taken to Palatine Hill to bask in the glory of the ancient Emperors of Rome, she smiled at the memory, it had been a very fun day as the large smile on her face was a testament to.

Another was of her as a child, a black belt wrapped around her white suit she was getting ready to be graded she'd been so nervous that day, she remembered standing on the matt sighing as fear spread through her, then she'd looked up and there he was, a smile of pure pride and joy displayed and suddenly her fear was gone, he was there and everyone else was gone.

Her Dad.

The others were of him and Cat, smiling, hugging looking too happy.

She is going to break his heart when she goes for divorce number nine hundred and fifty-eight.

She shuddered at the thought.

"So the criminals of National City better watch out!" He said proudly.

"You know you have to share with Supergirl right Dad?" My cousin., God how the hell do I begin to tell him, Hey Dad you know your first wife? yeah well, she lied to you way more than you actually think and here is the best bit your child has these powers.

"I worked very well with Superman, I'm sure his cousin is no different."

"Aside from the skirt instead of pants no I'm sure she isn't."

"Very funny, now (Y/n) I have to say get out I have a phone call to make to my sexy wife."

"Ewww gross Dad, I'm gone already!"

She heard his bellowing laughter as she left, unfortunately walking right into Maggie Sawyer.

"Watch where you are going!" She said angrily.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, this was just what her luck was like recently one bad thing to another just like her love life.

"Sure I wouldn't want to risk running into you again, I might get nightmares from having to see your withered little face!" The chef said smugly, trying to find all the best insults she could without coming off childish.

"I'd watch your back if I were you."

"Oh, really Detective Sawyer is that a threat?"

"It's a promise."

"Yet I am strangely unaffected, I'm not quite sure what Alex sees in you but then again not everyone has good taste or judgment."

"Stay away from her!"

"Oh do not worry I will, I wouldn't go near Alex even if she begged me to."

"Remember what I said."

"Sure no problem Detective Douchebag." (Y/n) saluted her military fashion causing the other woman to roll her eyes dramatically.

The chef turned her (e/c) eyes around to watch Maggie knock on her father's door, a smirk on her face as though she'd won some great prize, her father appeared stern his cop face (Y/n) always called it, he saved his bright smiles for her, his warm eyes for those he cared for, everyone else got the cop glare. Sawyer was getting that right now.