Guilt

Kara sighed rubbing her hands over her face Alex had been missing for twenty-four hours still there was no sign of her.

After initially waking (Y/n) had fallen asleep and not woken up again but Kara knew she would wake up soon and ask for Alex again and she had no idea what she would tell her.

Where are you, Alex?

"Alex." Kara sighed as she looked and saw her cousin's eyes wide open, her ( e/c) eyes clearer than they had been the day before her face color back to normal no abnormal reddish glows.

"Hey (Y/n)." She smiled hoping if she ignored it, it would go away.

"Where is Alex? Is she okay I didn't mean what I said or did she knows that right? Is she angry with me?" Her voice cracked and ached with emotions she couldn't quite get out yet.

Kara smiled. "She knows (Y/n) don't worry she isn't angry." We don't know where she is.

" Can you get her I want to see her, make sure she knows I didn't mean it. "

"Err...she had to go out on a job another hologram issue." Kara strived for an excuse, she knew it was a lame one

"She is mad at me isn't she I knew it, she would have been here otherwise." (Y/n) croaked out letting tears fall freely from her eyes. 

Kara leaned over her and held her closely trying not to let her own tears of fear and worry show. "She isn't mad at you, she is worried."

"Well, where is she then?"

"I told you."

"No, Kara don't give me that crap, Alex would never leave me like this." She motioned around her. 

Kara sighed, she couldn't keep lying like this she would find out soon enough, she held her hand in her own, focused on the sight of their hands together so she couldn't see her cousins eyes when she told her that she had no idea where Alex was, that no one had any idea where Alex was. 

"(Y/n) we don't know where Alex is, she disappeared after she went looking for who put the red kryptonite in the restaurant and we can't get a hold of her."

The words sounded like white noise to (Y/n), she wasn't quite sure she had gotten the full meaning of what Kara was telling her, was she saying Alex was missing?

"You don't know where she is?" 

"No."

Kara had to duck out of the way quickly as (Y/n0 shot up, standing before she knew it an expectant look in her eyes. 

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to look for my girlfriend Kara, lying here will not help anyone and it won't help us find her so I am going to get her."

"(Y/n) if I can't find her then how will you?" Kara asked following her in vain as she left the room that she had recuperated in, still ripping leads and plugs from her arms as she progressed, determination in her step. 

"I don't know but I'm looking for her."

(Y/n) cringed when she saw the shorter woman walking towards them, she really didn't want to see her today, or anytime but today especially. 

"Kara we have a problem." She said seriously looking to Kara ignoring (Y/n), who narrowed her eyes frustrated and angry. 

"What is it, Maggie?" 

"Alex, she, I mean her disappearance mirrors the missing women we have been investigating." 

Ice cold dread charged through her, she'd seen the news, she'd heard her father speak about this, he was going crazy trying to find something about them, a single morsel of a clue but there was nothing.