The Venue

(Y/n) looked around her, eyes wide with stunned appreciation right now the garden was filled with brown, yellow and red leaves dying and falling to the ground, as they walked through the maze-like path the leaves crunched deliciously satisfyingly under their feet.

They'd probably left it too late for venues but with everything that had happened these past few months there had seemed like there was very little time, they had been lucky they had gotten to keep this appointment, Alex had just about been persuaded to leave Kara as she was coming out of her red kryptonite high.

Alex walked up ahead asking all the questions she knew was important to ask, she'd already gone through this once before, (Y/n) decided to leave all the talking to her. Instead (Y/n) kept expecting someone to jump out from the bushes, with the phantoms around that wasn't such a fanciful thing to imagine.

"And as you can see the gardens are extremely beautiful during the winter and autumn." The woman said motioning around her with her arms.

It was beautiful but it was very expensive, Alex was still deep in the conversation when an idea suddenly struck her, she knew someone who had a big country house with a massive garden just like this one, Lena had offered her brother's mansion but (Y/n) had not been sure about accepting but now faced with the reality of the value of such a place, maybe she should put it forward as her choice.

"And how did you two meet?" The short plump woman asked, her smile stretching wide she was friendly but when she spoke of money she smiled even brighter.

Alex shifted on her feet nervously, her hands in her back pockets, it was a really crazy thing to explain to a stranger.

"She arrested me." (Y/n) answered her own big smile plastered across her face as she threaded her hands through Alex's arms.

"Excuse me, she arrested you? and now you are getting married." The woman gaped, she'd met her husband at a bowling alley, he'd been bowling not arresting anyone least of all her.

" It's not like it sounds. " Alex flushed. "It was a misunderstanding."

" Yeah, she was a stubborn jackass who wouldn't admit she was wrong. " (Y/n) laughed.

"Err.. yeah." Alex rubbed the back of her neck, wondering why the hell ( Y/n) had woken up with the exclusive idea of making her day even more awkward than it already was.

"But fortunately for me, I like stubborn jackasses with cute smiles and big hearts." I won't mention fantastic butts and who are dynamite in the sack, that sounds really unsophisticated and classless, but they are included too.

Alex found herself unable to stop her own smile appear, her cheeks stained red at the praise, it was really something to tell people the knew about how they felt but sometimes telling a stranger was hard to explain, there was always the fear they would never understand, but (Y/n) had just ploughed in uncaring for such things.

"Can I just have a little word with my fiance." ( Y/n) asked the woman who nodded and turned away, flicking through her papers, as (Y/n) pulled Alex further away.

"What is it?" Alex asked. " You don't like it here? "

"No, it's just this is really pricey Alex, and I didn't tell you but Lena already offered Lex's mansion for our wedding, it's really beautiful there, he's an evil genius but he had really good taste, well in houses not everything else of course, otherwise he wouldn't have tried to kill Lena, we all know this universal fact if you hate Lena Luthor you have no taste and no class, she's a sweet darling." ( Y/n) whispered confidently.

Alex thought for a moment she wasn't sure the fee here was something they could willingly afford, especially if she wanted them to save up for a house. "So is her offer still open?"