The Danvers Sisters Still On The Case.

"It's the strangest thing how you can love someone with all of your heart, and think it's not possible to love them anymore when it just creeps up on you, that's what happened after Alex was born, I watched Jeremiah hold her for the first time, so small and delicate, he was terrified he would hurt her." Eliza smiled, (Y/n) and Lena lost in her fond beautiful reminisces of true love and first love, forever loves. "He wouldn't pick her up, The nurses were looking at him like he'd gone crazy, and I watched him looking down at her in her little crib, a small moan coming from her, all shriveled up like a prune, tiny little eyes shut tight, he was shifting from foot to foot and his hands were itching, he'd been so excited to be a Daddy."

" Aww so sweet. " Lena smiled, her elbows braced on the counter, her hands either side of her face, as she listened with a dreamy expression, (Y/n), sat next to her hand under her chin, tales of little baby Alex making her heart feel full.

Eliza smiled, a small tear filling her eyes. "It was, they say men don't feel as excited as women to be parents, that's wrong, Jeremiah would go out and spontaneously come back with baby things, twenty teddy bears."

" Alex does that now with Bear. " (Y/n) chuckled, if she did it when they had their first baby they'd definitely need to move out, live in the hallway and just visit when they heard them cry.

Eliza laughed, it was true she knew, she'd seen her daughter during her time in National City, how much like her father she had ben in those moments had been heartbreaking, but also Eliza knew how much of a wonderful mother her daughter would be. "Then when I had enough I just placed her in his arms."

" What happened? " Lena and (Y/n) asked together.

Eliza smirked at the memory, it was hard now to see Alex as that small vulnerable baby, but she was. "He just stopped moving, even breathing, until after ten minutes and he was really turning blue, she yawned, the most cutest yawn I'd ever seen, and his smile was the biggest I've ever seen, that was it from that moment they were inseparable until...well until you know." The older woman finished sadly.

(Y/n) and Lena turned to each other, a shared sadness in their eyes as they both moved from their place towards the woman and embraced her in a group hug.

"It's okay." Lena soothed.

" It's just been so long. " Eliza whispered. "But sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday, I've been thinking about it a lot recently."

The chef remained silent something was troubling her, was it her new relationship that had dredged up all of these old memories or was they always there but now she was forced to deal with them.

When Eliza's phone rang she took an inquisitive look at the screen and with an apologetic smile excused herself so that she could answer it.

Left alone together (Y/n) bent down to check how the birds were faring in the oven.

"You could just use the laser eye thing you know," Lena said. " Kara does it all the time it's way quicker. "

(Y/n) sent her a look of utter mortification. "An excellent way to ruin your food, food is an art Lena as I've told you a million times blitzing it with lasers will bring nothing good to it."

The green-eyed woman rolled her eyes, she'd had the same lecture for way too many years now. "You should just record all of these rants and then replay them when you need them."

" Funny smart ass. "

"So what was up with Alex and her secret Hardy brothers act with Kara?" Lena asked

" Eliza has a man somewhere, she has not taken it well, if I'm correct and I think I am, they've gone in search of the mysterious guy. " (Y/n) said with a sighed.