Mr X is....

(Y/n) tripped on the step leading to the house, catching herself before she fell forward and flat on her face, it wouldn't have hurt but no one wanted to end up flat on their face, Kara had already accused her of being drunk she didn't want to give her more reason to think it.

The chef had looked everywhere she thought Alex would have gone, she'd even gone to the place she had taken her to see the stars, she hadn't been there, she'd tried the lake she wasn't there, Kara and Lena had stuck to town but they too had come up with nothing.

Then (Y/n) had realized if Alex was as angry as Kara said she was then she would have gone straight to Eliza's, to face her with what she had found.

That was why she was in a rush, why she really didn't want to fall and why she needed to get inside because as soon as she'd rounded the corner she'd heard Alex shouting and she was sure she wasn't using her super hearing.

Crashing through the door clumsily she almost fell forward, worrying she'd inherited Kara's clumsiness she righted herself again.

Despite her dramatic entrance neither women actually noticed her arrive, Alex had her back to her as Eliza had her head in her hands her shoulders shaking told (Y/n) she was crying.

The chef watched them for a moment confused, who was it that Alex had found at that motel, who could induce such a reaction from her, OMG please don't tell me its the worlds most hated man, Gosh, don't let it be Lance Armstrong, Alex sure did hate cheaters.

Torn between feeling that she was intruding and wanting to ease the line of tension that was visible in Alex's shoulders, not to mention take away the tears of the older woman, she cautiously stepped further into the room.

"Alex..." She spoke softly, unprepared to see her fiance as she did when she turned around, her eyes were puffy and red, wet from tears as more welled up inside them, even her nose was red and wet affected from the emotion she'd shed.

Alex closed her eyes, the one person she really didn't want to see her like this was (Y/n), she tried to wipe her eyes but it did no good. Eliza took a moment to move away trying to get rid of the signs she too had cried.

"Alex, what's wrong?" She asked, moving closer but Alex stepped backward.

" (Y/n) please, can you just leave me to talk with my mother? " Alex asked, her voice raw with the emotions she was feeling at this moment.

(Y/n) turned to Eliza who nodded slightly at her.

"Just tell me one thing first, are you okay? What is it?"

Alex shook her head sadly. "I'm not."

" Alex, please. " Eliza cried out.

Alex turned back to her harshly, "Do you know what I've just found out (Y/n)?"

(Y/n) found herself speechless, normally humor would have been her go-to reaction but this was not the time for jokes, neither Alex nor Eliza would have appreciated it and even she was that insensitive. "I don't know."

" My father! "

"Alex let me explain." Eliza pleaded.

Alex ignored her, instead, rage held onto her tighter. "My fucking father, the man who just walked away from me again, left me his only daughter, his only child, I couldn't even invite him to my wedding, do you know how much that hurt Mom? Do you, knowing he wouldn't be there to give me away?"

(Y/n) ignored her selfish hurt upon hearing Alex speak about her marriage to Maggie, this wasn't her place to feel hurt, she'd gone without a mother she knew very well the pain of it, the feeling of abandonment.