The Double Date.

"I've told you this before (Y/n)." Lena sighed looking down at her watch. "Always go with the red."

(Y/n) popped her head around the door. "But are you sure?"

"Yes, (Y/n) come on they will be waiting for us at the restaurant, everyone will think they are dating and we are the couple so move it, even I'm starting to wonder." She rolled her eyes.

"Bruce Wayne can't have Alex!" (Y/n) muffled voice came through the door.

"Just move it, because she falls in love with a waitress and elopes."

(Y/n) pulled the door open suddenly a scowl on her face. "Don't say that!"

Lena laughed her green eyes tearing up at the childish pout that had appeared on her face. "Hurry up then."

"You really aren't helping me." (Y/n) groaned as she stepped out of her room, running her hands down the sides of the snug dress to make sure she'd ironed out all the wrinkles. "So do I look okay?" She asked nervously. 

Lena stood back and ran her eyes from her head to her toes, her slender frame held up with shaky knees, her ruby red plump lips nervously moved from side to side as she awaited her verdict. 

"You look beautiful as always (Y/n), what about me?" She asked she'd gone for the infamous little black dress. 

"You look like a goddess." The chef smiled. 

Lena blushed. "Come on you before Alex thinks I'm trying to steal you away."

"She still doesn't know about us." (Y/n) said sadly. 

Lena nodded knowingly. "And you want to tell her?"

"This is your secret Lena, I can't tell it is you don't want me to." Aside from Kara but it just slipped out. 

"Let me think about it okay."

"Okay." 

"No lets really get going."

                                                                              xxx

(Y/n) and Lena had rushed through the traffic with a cab driver with rather more courage than the ability to drive, their life had literally hung in the balance as they hung on to the sides of the car for dear life. 

It was a miracle they made it alive, (Y/n) mused as she pulled herself from the cab and held her hand out to help Lena recover too. 

"Thank man, I'll come to you next time I have a heavy meal and I feel like throwing up to get rid of the groggy feeling." (Y/n) complained trying to put her hair back to its once perfect position, as Lena leaned on her shoulder her hair in a similar state of disarray. 

"Come on (Y/n) let's get in there." She breathed heavily. 

Having left the scene of the incredibly disastrous cab journey they made their way into the restaurant, finding only Bruce sitting at the table alone. 

"Don't freak out (Y/n) there is a perfectly reasonable explanation," Lena whispered as she smiled at Bruce, the large man standing to embrace her, (Y/n) had to hold in her jealousy at the scene, Alex was nowhere to be seen. 

"So Bruce is anyone with you?" (Y/n) asked expectantly. 

"No just me." He replied. 

Damn. 

It was at that moment that the phone rang she looked down at the screen and saw her name flashing across the screen, an ominous feeling settled inside her.